Chapter 5

~This Chapter contains SMUT! BE WARNED AND BE PREPARED! Please be mature and don't read if not comfortable! Thank you!~

Katniss's P.O.V.

I felt relieved after washing myself in the morning, untangling the forever mess of knots that had weaved their way into my hair. A fresh pair of clothes turned out to be exactly what I needed, and as I re-assembled a braid into my hair, I felt my mood and confidence levels boost.

I had no intentions of going to work, working on school. It was then that I realized that all I really wanted was Peeta. He could satisfy all my needs; calm me down, cheer me up, get me through anything. I had said it a thousand times already, but he was the definition of perfection.

But I did go to work, and the diner waited for me in all its glory. I was too grateful that I only had a half an hour shift that day; the night before held that painful reminder that kept popping back into my head. And it hurt knowing that I had failed my sisters; I was no more than a disgrace to my family.

"Glad to see you're your usual, cheery self this morning." Leave it Johanna to start things off rocky.

"Couldn't be better," I said sarcastically, plastering an unreadable smile on my face. I held it for so long my cheeks flushed and my jaw muscles tightened. When Johanna turned away rolling her eyes, I slowly massaged the life back into my face.

Despite my mood and the destruction I'd been through in the last twenty four hours, I worked shit at the diner. I made the best of it, but I refused to speak or make eye contact with anyone else. Except for at the unnecessary glances Johanna would steal at my wavering form, winking at me with her distinguished smirk.

So when my shift was finally over, I changed and went outside as fast as my sore, stiff legs permitted. I even forgot to say goodbye to Johanna. As I drove home, my anxiety levels increased. I was scared of facing my parents and sisters. The last time I saw them, things got out of control, I lied, ran away, and when I returned, I yelled some more.

At least Peeta and Finnick don't know, I thought grimly. For now.

I pulled up in front of the house and sat in my car for a minute before entering. I didn't want to face them, but it was no use putting it off.

I unlocked the front door and walked in, keeping my head down.

I saw my mother and Liam sitting on the couch, who stopped talking quite abruptly when I entered. My mother didn't even bother giving me a fake smile and simper, so I continued past them. It was then I noticed that Prim and Annie's door was shut, and low voices seeped through the crack of the door.

I bowed my head in shame and continued to my room,where the scent of Peeta was overpowering. It brought back memories of last night and our sweet, sweet love. If only I could return to those times.

I flopped down onto my bed and tried not to think about what I had to do next. Facing my sisters would be unbearable.

As I lay there, wallowing in my sadness and self-pity, a gentle knock sounded at the door. I sat upright and walked across my room and opened the door.

"Hey, Kat," Peeta said. "We have some ideas of what we're gonna do and it involves hedgehogs."

I took several steps back and asked, "What?!"

"It's a Surprise," he said airily. "Now come on!'

Rather bewildered and confused as to where we were going and why, I followed him outside and into his Toyota.