Katniss's P.O.V

THE SUPER SECRET DIARY OF KATNISS EVERDEEN- THE GODDESS ON FIRE hell yeah

 It feels as though it's been years since my "parents" (if you can even call them that) have been here. And even longer since Pinnick and Feeta have been here. Since that one day at that concert, my world has turned upside down. The world turned upsiiiide dooooooowwwwwn DOOOOWWWN DOOOWWWWWN DOWN DOWN FREEDOM FOR AMERICA FREEDOM FOR FRANCEEEE

Sorry about that, I have been SUPER into Hamilton recently. Prim tells me I'm not good at singing, but I know in my heart that I am. I can sing Helpless almost perfectly. Then Peeta made fun of me for singing in the shower, which really hurt my self-esteem but I just love Hamilton. They came to Panem for the first time last year but I spent my money on New Capitol tickets instead of Hamilton.

But as I was saying, my parents have no right or control over this situation. THey leave for years, are hardly present in my or my sister's lives, then suddenly one day, the appear and act like they've always been there. My mom especially, has no right to be here. Ever since our father died when we were small, she was thrown into a terrible depression while I was left to practically raise my sisters.

And now she barges in, acts just like she was here all the time, and pretends to be a caring mother with her new husband. Her new husband. If there was one thing that pissed me off the most about her, it was the fact that she remarried. It felt like betrayal. And I don't trust her at all.

Part of me wants to welcome her back (because deep inside, I do love her and know she cares) but the other, stubborn part of me knows better. I don't want to become attached to her, only to have her ditch us and leave again.

And I never thought I'd be saying this, but Peeta is being really helpful and supportive.

Yes.

Peeta Mellark, lead singer of New Capitol is helping me out. A month ago I never would have thought those words would escape my lips, but here I am. And, ever since that kiss on the rooftop, he's been acting... different. More tense. And I don't know what to make of it.

OK Prim and Annie are having a water gun fight and I wanna play too ttyl.

~

Katniss's P.O.V.

"Prim," my mother called in a fake, cheery voice. "It's time for your dance class!"

I look up, see her face, and immediately anger starts to claw its way up my stomach. Ever since Prim was small, I would always be the one to take her to dance class. It was sort of our thing: our rare alone time when we would talk and goof around in the car. And afterwards, I'd always take her out to dinner.

"Ummm," Prim said, looking down. "Okay." It's obvious that she felt the rising tension in the room and walked out a little too quickly to pass for normal.

"Mother," I started, as respectfully as I could. "I can take Prim to dance class. You stay here and... um... rest."

"Oh it's okay, sweetie," she said, flashing me another fake smile. "I don't mind. In fact, I would like to see a little more around the city and spend some time with darling Prim."

"No," I said, a little more forcefully. "I want to. It's sort of like our thing."

My mother raised an eyebrow and said, "Oh. I'm sure you must tire of doing it all the time anyway, so it's really okay, I'll just do it."

Before I could open my mouth to respond, Prim walked into the living room with her bag and dance clothes on. "Prim, darling!" my mother said. "Come along now, I'm taking you to dance class!"