*WARNING! This chapter is.. a lot. A lot of everything, so Imma call out a MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING TO ERTHING YALL MAY BE TRIGGERED TO! But enjoy! Please no kill us! It will make sense and happen for a reason! Blow up them comments too!* 

-Zeffie, Grace and Aaliyah!

Peeta's Point of View

~Peeta Mellark's Diary~

Hey Diary... It's not a good day. I think.. I messed up. It was so easy to see. Things were too good. The day was too nice. My family and friends were having too much of a good time. I am going to lose her. I was too blind with the stupid petty intentions of the world. And now she is slipping away from me. It was a good day.. A good day. Then it turned into a 180. Just pray things work out for me.

Alright, have to go.

-Peeta

~

Looking back, it was obvious.

Something was clearly wrong, but I was too stupid to realize it.

Instead, I watched Christmas specials on TV while Katniss lay dying only twenty feet away.

*****

~Many hours before~

"Peeta!" Annie yelled. "Hurry up! Finnick and I are waiting for you!"

I rolled my eyes and tried to tie my clunky winter boots faster. At last, I finished, and clambered out the door, where Finnick and Annie stood next to each other, holding hands. I raised my eyebrows, but I could already sort of already tell. The little things, such as their extensive lunch dates nearly every day, the way Finnick looked at Annie when she laughed, and the way Annie acted around Finnick: happier. I smiled to myself, and made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"C'mon, Roody!" Annie called, grabbing his leash off it's hook on the wall. The excited dog came bounding out of the kitchen and jumped up, licking Annie's face. She laughed and hugged Roody. "You're gonna get certified, puppy!" she told him, gently petting his nose. "Aren't you excited?" He barked in response, and with that, we climbed into Finnick's car and took off.

Annie made me sit in the backseat, so I settled in next to Roody, who would not stop jumping around.

"How much longer to the vet?" I asked desperately. "Roody is jumping all over me."

Annie chuckled and said, "Only about ten minutes, you can make it."

Finally, we reached the veterinarian' and pulled up in the parking lot. Roody bounded out, but I grabbed tight to his leash and said, "Roody, listen. you have to be very calm inside, OK? You have to show them that you are capable of being a good service dog."

It was as if he understood me, because immediately, he calmed right down. His tail still thumped on the ground.

Finnick pushed the swinging doors open, and we walked inside, where several other to-be service dogs lay waiting patiently. At last, they called out our names and we all filed inside a long hallway.

After several questions regarding his behavior and tendencies, he was given a few simple obedience tests, which he passed with flying colors. Then, we were given a clipboard full of very official-looking documents and at last, the vet brought out the certificate. It was donned with golden ribbons and said Official Service Dog: "Roody"

We all grinned in delight as the vet carefully placed the iconic blue service dog vest on Roody, who sat patiently, tail wagging ferociously.

"Congratulations to Roody!" she said, smiling. "Roody is now verified as a Special Services dog and can be taken almost everywhere. Remember that the vest should be washed at least once a week. Feel free to turn people down if they ask to pet him."