Epilogue

Katniss's P.O.V.

"Katniss! Don't bunch up the tulle like that! It will get wrinkled. I spent too much time making those damn bows for you to be scrunching them up like that," Madge fusses at me. "How many people did you say are coming today?"

"I'm still not entirely sure. We were just going to invite people here in town, but then Peeta went freelance, so now he needs to invite his business connections too. But then he mentioned inviting just some people who are close to us. I have 100 chairs. And he is making food for 200. I let him take care of that. I've been kind of busy."

I have. It's been months since December. Those in the media have all but left us alone. Now it is focused on Gale. Meeting Peeta's family was a treat. For being parents to three celebrity boys, they are a delight. They fell in love with all of us as soon as we met. Anna, Peeta's mother, is the sweetest woman I've met. I wish my mother was like her. After Peeta got home, he had to go to therapy four times a week. That set back his recovery by about six weeks. He finally got his leg replacement. At first it was hard, but now it's like nothing was wrong. Meanwhile, I had to work on my family. Haymitch pulled strings so I could have Annie and Prim back. Prim started to remember things. She still goes to therapy twice a week to make sure things are clear. Mom and Dad gave up on us. We don't talk anymore. Little Ariya is growing big and strong, along with Haymitch and Effie's little joy.

Peeta, meanwhile, is trying to make our life normal. Our house is done. We don't have to worry about money since he is, er was, famous. He and Finnick are trying to make all our lives meaningful. We don't have to worry about paparazzi. Or anyone in our business. After a couple of setbacks with his knee, Peeta can finally walk without crutches. He still has to wear his brace. Which is ok. He wanted to marry me on his feet, and not sit in a wheelchair.

"Oh Madge, you know Katniss wouldn't be much help decorating. That is why we are here," Prim says with a smirk.

"We should have gone to Vegas." I mutter under my breath.

"What did you say?" Madge teases me.

I scowl at her and say, "Nothing. I thought Jo was going to be here by now?"

"I think she went to the Mellark's instead to help them with the food." Annie says as she hangs another bow.

"She told Peeta last night that as much as she loves being a woman, she can't handle the decorating part," Delly adds as she arranges more flowers where me and Peeta are going to stand.

"Well, this is only getting done because you all volunteered for it," I said. I paused for a moment to watch the boys help Gale set up the chairs in the semi- circle they finally agreed on last night during rehearsal. Finnick fiddles with the sound system, and when the Macarena comes on. Annie laughs and starts doing the hand motions with the song. I am annoyed and relieved that it's working.I still can't believe that there are going to be so many here that they need a sound system. I pause for a moment, when my stomach starts rolling. I don't say a thing, but run into the house.

I barely make it to the bathroom when my lunch comes back up. It must be my nerves, and I don't think any more about it while I brush my teeth.

Annie and Madge wait for me in the hallway. "Are you, ok?" Annie asks.

I put my hand over my stomach where it is still rolling. "I think so. It must be my nerves--" The house phone ringing interrupts me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, my beautiful bride," Peeta says softly.

"Hey, you," my voice softens. "What are you doing?"