3

Toms POV 

I opened my thick covers and jumped into my bed, pulling the sheets over my body. A little light flashed next to me, and I forced my eyes to open slightly.

I squinted as I turned on my phone, it's brightness blinding me. I realised someone was calling me. I groaned loudly but was quite excited as I didn't get many calls. 

I looked to see unknown as the contact, and I frowned. Quickly taking it, I sat up slowly in my bed, wondering what time it was. 

"Hello?" my voice was hoarse and deep, and I had to cough to clear it. 

"Is this Tom Holland?" An unfamiliar voice spoke on the other end of the line. 

"Yes," I said cautiously, "Who is this?" 

"This is Ellie's dad, she's your classmate right?" he questioned, waiting for me to respond. 

"E-Ellie?" I coughed again, startled. 

"Yes. I'm sorry for calling so late - well early - but this is an emergency. I really need your help!" 

"Why me?" I asked, suspicious. What did Ellie's dad need from me? 

"I just need you to help me - help Ellie. Would you be able to come over to my house?" he asked, but I could sense the doubt in his voice.

I remember this guy. He was a chubby man with glasses who gave Ellie everything she wanted. 

"What?" I hissed into my phone, "Are you crazy? It's -" I checked the time on my alarm clock on my nightstand " - 2:00am!" 

"I know, I know," he continued, "But I really need your help." His tone was urgent and I actually considered going in my car. 

Before I could stop myself, I got out of my bed, and cautiously creaked open my bedroom door, creeping through the landing and down the stairs. 

"I'm on my way." I spoke finally, throwing on a jacket and stepping into a random pair of shoes. 

———

I got stuck behind the tall gates of the house, and had to get someone to open them for me. As I pulled around to front of the house, I saw her dad open the front door of the house and wait at the top of the steps. 

Sighing, I slammed the door of my car shut, not bothering to lock it. 

"Mr Holland" he started, "I'm so glad you made it-" 

"What is it?" I cut through his sentence, my tiredness making me cranky. It was a miracle that I hadn't had an accident in my car. 

"Right." I saw him swallow deeply and clam his hands together.

"My daughter has a boyfriend, as you may know-" 

"Daniel" I interrupted again. 

"Yes. Now, I've been getting worried about their relationship. It's getting serious." He raised an eyebrows at me and I laughed at myself for how stupid I had been and looked away. 

"You made me sneak out of my house at 2:00am to tell me that your daughter's relationship is getting serious?!" I spat turning away. 

"No! Wait!" he protested behind me, but I still didn't turn around, "Not that type of serious! Physically serious! Brutally serious! Look, I just wanted you to make a deal with me." 

I turned on my heel slowly while saying, "What deal?" 

"I'll give you money to protect her. She can't handle her boyfriend anymore, and I regret not telling her about his past."