7

"So, I think we have to confess our love for each other and once we've said our lines then we kiss" Tom squinted at the copy of the script, biting his lip.

"Oh, okay" I mumbled. I didn't really want to be talking with him. After all these years, I started to feel guilty and mean, but if I kept on feeling like that, I would turn soft and sweet to all of the nerds, and I couldn't have that.

"Let's just get it done and over with." 

"Hey, so, where are you going with Dan?" he suddenly asked, looking up at me from his script. 

"What? How do you know about our date?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"You told me, remember?" he chuckled gently, but raised his eyebrows at me, waiting for me to respond. 

"Oh, uh, I think he's taking me to some restaurant." I muttered. 

"That's nice." He smiled at me warmly. I smiled weekly back and when we made eye contact, I looked away immediately. 

He read out his lines and I did mine, then we positioned ourselves like we would have to when we kiss, and, for a few precious seconds, I stared into his eyes. They were bright and warm, not fierce and sharp like mine probably were to him. 

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen." he sighed as he stared at me. I couldn't move.

I didn't want to. 

Our faces were inches away from each other's, and his strong arms kept me from falling to the ground.  

"I-uh, t-thanks," I whisper, smiling a little. 

He moves his lips closer to mine, and I don't pull back. I don't move. 

I let his lips make contact with mine, and soon, he's lifted me up, and we're making out. 

I don't know what got over me. I didn't stop him. Dan just disappeared from my mind. 

He pulled away, finally, and when he did, we both looked at each other, wide-eyed. 

"Ellie I'm so sorry" he starts to turn away, scolding himself quietly. 

"You tell no one. No one, okay?! If anyone found out-" 

"We'd both be in trouble, I know. I promise I won't say a word." he crossed his fingers over his heart and I sighed in relief. 

No one had seen us. 

But what had the kiss meant? Why did we make out for so long? 

———

I don't know how many layers of mascara I needed, but I guess I was nervous. I added a quick flick to my eyeliner and flattened out my dress. 

I stared at myself in the mirror. But this time, I didn't see what I saw every morning. I saw a frightened girl staring back at me. I didn't recognise her. She didn't look like me. She looked scared and anxious, and I couldn't change it. 

"Excuse me ma'am, Daniel is at the door." one of my maids poked her head around my bathroom door and I fumbled with my purse. 

"Okay." I said as a dismissal, and hurried down the stairs.

Before I opened the door, I re-adjusted my hair and dress. When I opened it, I saw Dan stood there in a black suit holding another bouquet of flowers, this time dark red coloured roses. 

I smiled at him and hugged him tightly. Then I kissed him passionately. I don't know why I kissed him just like that, but it might have been the reassure myself that I had no feelings for Tom. None. 

"Let's go." he took me by the hand and opened one side of his car for me to hop inside. As we drove off, he sneaked some quick glances at me and rested one hand on my thigh, rubbing it up and down. 

He pulled into a small parking lot behind a big, glamorous restaurant, and I couldn't help but look at it in awe. It was decorated with fairy all around the outside, and when you stepped inside, huge chandeliers hung from the ceilings. Large velvet curtains hung next to the full length windows. The ceiling was open and you could see all of the sparkling stars in the sky. 

I couldn't wipe off the huge smile on my face, and I hugged Dan again. He chuckled and kissed me. 

"Are you Mr and Mrs Rogers?" chirped a small waiter at us. 

"Oh no," I blushed, laughing, "We're too youn-" 

"Yes" Dan interrupted me, coughing a little. 

"Okay then, follow me please." The waiter responded, leading us to our table. I smiled at Dan and he only winked slyly back.