8

"Thank you very much Mr And Mrs Rogers, hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!" our kind waiter took the bill as we got up to leave.

"Did you enjoy that?" Dan took hold of my hand again, interlocking our fingers.

"I loved it Dan! Thank you so much!" I hugged him yet again as we headed back around the restaurant to his car.

As I looked around the dark street, I spotted another car in the parking lot, but there was someone in it.

I ignored it and got back into the car with Dan. I yawned and stretched my arms out tiredly and clicked my seatbelt into place.

"I hope your not tired!" Dan looked at me, worried. "I wanted to take you to one more place!"

"Oh, no, no, of course I'm not tired!" I lied, resting my head against the seat. "Where are we going next then?"

"It's a surprise, stupid." he smiled playfully and started the car, driving out of the lot fast.

After about 15 minutes, we arrived at the surprise destination. It was strange, because he had taken me right to the edge of a field where there were no houses around. He parked his car right at the start of a forest, and to be honest, I felt quite creeped out.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, starting to panic.

"Just follow me, babe." He took my hand and intertwined our fingers again, leading through the trees.

Crack!

"What was that? Dan, I'm scared." I cried, hugging him.

"Don't worry, it was just us stepping on leaves and sticks." he reassured me, but I wasn't very convinced.

After walking for a few minutes in the darkness, we arrived right in front of a small, wooden hut. It was spooky and old, and it leaned a bit to the left.

"Danny..."I cried again.

"Oh just come inside!" We stepped into the hut and I felt a bit more safe. There hundreds of candles lined up every where, and there were many blankets and pillows around the floor.

"Dan! You did this? This is amazing!" I sunk onto the pillows and pulled some blankets over me.

"I'm glad you like it, babe." He lay down next to me and pulled me close to him. He kissed me intensely before pulling away and closing his eyes.

I closed mine too, and soon, I drifted into a long sleep.