Chapter 1

Present( Twenty years later)

Ruby

"Ruby?!!!!" I heard the screech of Mia across my room. She was probably in the living room, doing God knows what.

"Ruby get down here this minute!!" She yelled again.

And you'd wonder if she's in her deathbed. I reluctantly closed my laptop lid quietly, placed sleeping Shelly at the foot of the bed, where she loves resting. I chuckled as my little dog released a soft snore.

"What?" I asked, padding quietly towards the living room. Magazines were scatered all over the table, and she was in the middle of watching something. Or rather someone.

"Guess who is all over the news?!!" She screeched again! She shouts Everytime.

"I'm right here, Mia. Would you stop yelling?" I placed a hand on my hip and glared at her.

She waved her hand in a 'whatever' manner. "Your bestie is on TV, can't you give him a supporting hand by at least watching him?" She raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. "Point of correction, Mia. Russ is always on TV. And he can't even know if I'm watching him or not." I finished, settling down beside her, not before removing the piles magazines on the couch.

"Just shut up and watch. They are about to ask him some questions!! Gosh, he's so sexy" she fanned her face.

I rolled my eyes for nth time again, and focused on the huge TV at the middle of my living room.

Russel Knight.

My bestfriend of Twenty years. We've been bestfriends since I was four and he was five.

He was the typical cliche hot, sex on a tree, billionaire, womanizing bastard.

"So the girl by your arm at yesterday's auction party? Is she the one?" The interviewer asked him. She was practically shoving her fake boobs into his mouth. Whore much?

Russell gave his usual pant droopy pearly grin as he calls it. And placed a fallen hair behind his ears. His shoulder length full brown hair.

Uh-huh

"Please say she's not the one" Mia chanted beside me.

I groaned at her stupid crush on Russell. Russell only breaks hearts.
I'm practically female friendless! He broke the hearts of all my female friends in junior high, senior high and college. Apparently we attended the same school.. Tricia and Mia were the only female friend I have now.

"Danielle dear. The lady you all saw in the auction was just a date. She isn't the one. I haven't found her yet, but when I do. You'll be the second after my bestfriend  to know" he winked at Danielle who was already a reddish tomato.

"Thank goodness. I thought that blonde bimbo has casted a commitment spell on him." Mia sighed happily.

"Seriously Mia. You shouldn't be obsessing over Russ this much. It's unhealthy" I stated, eyeing her warily. I picked the remote and flipped through the channel.

She rolled her eyes. "He's my celebrity crush, that's all. I already like someone." She mused. Gathering the magazines, and piling them up. Almost twelve magazines were piled on her lap.

Geez! He's my bestfriend and I have just one each month. I'm sure Mia just bought this ones this morning and she has about a hundred in her room! Just in two freaking months. Ugh?! She might as well build a library there.

"And that someone is also someone who is unhealthy!!" I reasoned. Giving up on channel flipping, no important stuffs.

She likes Xander. Xander, Russell, Tricia, Spencer and I have all been friends since high school.