Chapter 5

Ruby

I hummed softly at the soft fluttery feeling I was currently having.

I always get this feeling when I sleep with Russell. He makes sure he spoons me like a koala bear. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night trying to breathe. He doesn't know how huge he is, and for the little small ole me.

His huge hands were around my waist, pulling me to him, and his head was curved at the crook of my neck breathing in and out. I could feel his lashes on my skin.

I was awake now. And I realise I could just go back to bed. Today is Saturday. But I was already awake.

I opened my eyes lazily and the first thing I saw was CJ staring at us like we were two alien objects.

He would probably be thinking how I breathe in this position. Poor me.

The moment he saw my eyes open, he barked in acknowledgment and licked my face. Great. Just the great timing to start the morning.

If CJ was here, then.....

"I heard CJ bark, if any of you is awake come down for brunch!" I heard Alana yell from obviously the kitchen. That's her beat place in the house.

I groaned. "Russell" I called out. Instead of answering he moved his legs higher to my ass, and tightened his hulk hold on my waist.

It's cute that even in his sleep, he is clutching me like I'm his breath.

I huffed, because in this case, it took minutes to force his hands away from my body so I did the only thing I could do.

"CJ wake Russy" I motioned Cj, with an evil smirk on my face.

As if CJ has been eager to wake his master for a while. CJ has this rule of not disturbing anyone during their sleep especially if he remotely needed nothing. Unless given permission to, or actually waking him for a reason.

CJ jumped on the bed and barked twice then licked, a long sloppy lick on Russell's cheeks since half of his face was in my neck.

Russell started to move but his arms still stayed. "Russell I know you're waking up, can you please let me breathe" I groaned. But deep down I loved the way he holds me. It's my safe haven.

CJ licked him again and barked loudly this time in his ear.

"Geez!" He finally released me completely, putting his hands up in surrender. "CJ" he said, petting CJ's cute brown and black fur.

CJ barked happily, placing its head on Russell's chest.

"Good morning" Russell turned to me, his deep, groggy morning voice sounding very erotic to the ears.

Hold your horses.

"Morning hulk" I answered back, pulling off the covers from my legs and walking to the bathroom.

"Your mom just called us some seconds ago." I said from the bathroom as I fished out my pink and black toothbrush which was always there beside his blue and black ones.

He joined me seconds later, mimicking my actions and we both started brushing and looking at the mirror.

"Isn't it too early for breakfast?" He asked stupidly with foam in his mouth.

"I clearly heard Alana saying brunch. We slept in" I said back, spitting out the foamy toothpaste and resuming to wash my tongue.

"Well duh? It's Saturday. I still feel sleepy" he complained, as we both washed our mouths and face.

It was such a natural thing to do. I and Russell were very close that it's weird how comfortable I am with him.

I packed my hair in a messy bun and helped him packed his, since he was too tired to do it himself.