Overclocked

It only took two days for Entrapta and Hordak to tweak the portal and for the others to assemble. Spirits were high and everyone was enjoying their stay at Mystacor, but there was an underlying unease in the air.

Adora had briefed the rest about the new change of plans, and even though King Micah and Castaspella opposed it, the Council's vote favoured the plan with a majority. The team would be composed by Adora, Catra, Bow and Glimmer exclusively. A small team despite their key importance due to rank.

Glimmer walked out of her room lost in her own thoughts. She didn't know how to feel. Her mother was alive, though stranded in a portal-locked dimension. Should she be excited? Should she be happy? Should she be scared? She was neither of them. She only felt a massive knot of worry on her stomach and the focus on the task ahead. The time had finally come. The others were on their way to the Portal's courtyard.

As she walked, two figures called her by name and ran towards her. Glimmer turned around with a hint of pain in her eyes. King Micah and Aunt Casta were there. And the uneasy looks on their faces told Glimmer exactly how they felt. King Micah spoke first:

"So... You are really going then, aren't you? There's no way we can convince you to reconsider"

Glimmer shook her head and looked towards the ground and spoke softly without making eye contact

"Dad, I thought you of all people would like to see mom again"

King Micah knelt and hugged her.

"Of course I want to see Angella again, Glimmer. More than anything in this world. But... I'm afraid. I don't want to lose my precious baby girl in the process" His voice cracked a bit as he spoke.

"Glimmer, you must understand our worries. You are going to embark on a quest that could end with you four stranded in space with no way of coming back home. Despondos is massive. There's no guarantee you'll find Angella soon if at all" Castaspella looked at her with a sad smile.

Glimmer hugged her dad back and sighed.

"I know, aunt Casta. I'm scared myself. But mom sacrificed herself to save all of us. And now, I have the chance to rescue her and bring her back. Every part of my body is screaming against this. But this is what I must do" She looked at Micah and smiled

"Besides, I have Bow, Adora and Catra by my side. We'll manage. We always do. Now... Will you come with me? We're leaving soon" Glimmer sighed and took Micah's hand. He nodded and smiled, sharing a proud look with Castaspella.

"Lead the way then. We shouldn't keep the others waiting" Micah said as he took Castaspella's hand. Glimmer smiled and closed her eyes. And in a matter of seconds, they were all standing in the courtyard, in front of the portal.

Bow rushed to her side as soon as she appeared, bowing to King Micah and kissing Glimmer timidly.

"Preparations are almost complete, Glimmer. Adora landed Darla just in front of the portal as Entrapta said. And Hordak is making some last-minute checks on the equipment. Apparently, when doing tests, Frosta punched one of the stabilizers so hard she rendered the magic siphon offline. But Entrapta says it'll be fine. Mermista, Scorpia, Frosta and Perfuma are on their spots already, waiting for the signal. And we've received word from Huntara that the Casters are already in the main hall, channeling the leyline's energy. So...all in all, we're good to go. Adora and Catra are already waiting inside the ship" Bow spoke so fast he ended up panting. He was both excited and nervous. That much was obvious. Glimmer chuckled and rested her head against his shoulder, lovingly.

"Well, we better not keep them waiting them" Glimmer said as she walked and hugged her father and her aunt once again. Goodbyes were fast, as Entrapta started screaming that the portal was ready. Glimmer took Bow's hand and teleported inside the ship. Adora was already sitting on the captain's chair, reviewing some info with Darla. Catra noticed them and walked towards them, handing them two communicators.