Dabitwice

I love this and it needs more love! Also fuck canon (if ya know what I mean). This one is much longer then I expected but the creative juices were flowing.

TW: Suicidal thoughts, depression

Jin and Dabi were laying on their bed in the bar. They had been there for a few hours in comfortable silence broken only by soft words and kisses. They loved doing that, resting and being with each other away from a lot of the chaos, only focusing on the other like it was only the two of them in the world.

"Hey babe... I have something I want to tell you." Jin said, sitting up. Dabi sat up after, confused.

"Sure. What is it?" he said. Jin looked nervous, so Dabi placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Whatever it is, it's okay Jin. Take your time." Dabi said comfortingly. Whatever his boyfriend had to say was important to him. Jin swallowed.

"I don't know how to say it, but I've got a song. Change the words this song to you." Dabi nodded and put on the earphones given to him. Jin pressed something, and the song started.

I wanna start letting you know this

Because of you my life has a purpose

You helped me be who I am today

I see myself in every word you say

Dabi looked in Jin's eyes and only seeing that he was genuine.

Sometimes it feels like nobody gets me

Trapped in a world where everyone hates me

There's so much that I'm going through

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you

I was broken

I was choking

I was lost

This song saved my life

I was bleeding

Stopped believing

Could have died

This song saved my life

I was down

I was drowning

But it came on just in time

This song saved my life

Dabi's eyes filled with tears. He had no idea that Jin felt like this. Jin smiled, tears falling already. Dabi cupped Jin's face.

Sometimes I feel like you've known me forever

You always know how to make me feel better

Because of you my dad and me are so much closer

Than we used to be

You're my escape when I'm stuck

In this small town

I turn you up

Whenever I feel down

You let me know like no one else

That it's okay be myself

"Of course you can be yourself baby. You being yourself is what I fell in love with." Dabi said. Jin looked sceptical, but he saw that Dabi was telling the tuth. He sniffed, smiling even more.

I was broken

I was choking

I was lost

This song saved my life

I was bleeding

Stopped believing

Could have died

This song saved my life

I was down

I was drowning

But it came on just in time

This song saved my life

You'll never know

What it means to me

That I'm not alone

That I'll never have to be

"Damn right you'll never have to be alone. As long as I'm still kicking you won't." Dabi said. Jin's smile grew impossibly larger, fat tears rolling down his face freely. Dabi wiped them away with the pads of his thumbs, neglecting to wipe his own.

I was broken

I was choking

I was lost

This song saved my life

I was bleeding

Stopped believing

Could have died

This song saved my life

I was down

I was drowning

But it came on just in time

This song saved my life

My life

My life

(This song saved my life)

My life

My life

(This song saved my life)

My life

My life

(This song saved my life)

My life

My life

This song saved my life.

Dabi took the earphones out and immediately tackled Jin in a hug, causing the couple to fall back on the bed.

"Dabi you saved my life. Before you, I felt like I was crazy and like no one would want to be there. The lyrics fit perfectly. Before I met you I was contemplating ending it all, just getting it over with-" Jin's voice cracked and he paused to take in a shuddering breath. Atop him, Dabi cupped his face again, his expression a mixture of things. "Then I met you. You were like a light at the end of an impossibly dark tunnel. You understood me and you said you wanted to be around me. You have no idea how much that means to me. You were there for me. You were, still are, my rock when I need it. You mean so much to me. Then you told me you loved me. I-I thought I wa-was nothing, that I was unlovable. You proved me wrong again and again, and now I don't think like that anymore with your help, even if you didn't know it. You have helped me so much Dabi, and I can't thank you enough." Jin finished by pressing a kiss to Dabi's lips, which was happily returned. The kiss showed the love and emotion Jin had for Dabi, and conveyed how much they meant to each other. When they parted, Jin reached up and wiped Dabi's tears away. The fact that Jin hadn't contradicted himself meant that for once, both sides were in agreement.

"Dabi don't cry." he said. Dabi rest his forehead on Jin's forehead. They looked into each other's bleary eyes.

"I love you so much Dabi."

"I love you too Jin."