Chapter 16

John pov~

"Care to tell me how on Earth you kept this whole thing off the internet?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Alexander smile cockily at me. "I have my ways."

"One of which involves never talking to anyone but your cat."

"Hey!" He protested, shoving a pillow into my face.

"Oh it's on." I smiled, grabbing a pillow and attacking him playfully.

Ok, here's the story: I've forgiven Alexander, because Maria can be pretty persuasive and also I never actually got rid of my feelings for him, so I'm pretty I was looking for a reason to forgive him in the first place. Alexander and Maria are now close friends and she's been incorporated into our friend group. Also, I'm pretty sure she likes Eliza.

(a / n: Marliza, I know, new and weird! Yeah, I wanted to give this ship a try, see why people love it so much)

Alexander squealed and tried to protect himself from the pillow. He latched onto it like some sort of huge leech and I stared at him in shock. He'd completely prevented me from taking back the pillow by curling up around it like some type of armadillo.

I laughed and tried to pry him off the pillow. Key word, tried. I gave up on ever getting the pillow back and let him do his thing, leaning into the couch.

"How did you keep it off the internet?" I asked again, more thoughtfully this time.

"Honestly? I have no clue." He shrugged. "One would have thought Angelica or Eliza would have said something but apparently not."

"Hmm." I shrugged. "Well it worked out for us didn't it?"

He smiled at me and unlatched from the pillow. "I guess it did."

"No online drama." I smiled and sighed happily. "That would have been annoying."

"Also would probably have messed my entire career. Maybe yours too." Alexander paused. "Oh and Maria would be completely screwed, especially after she explained what happened..." His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance.

"We've been over this." I took his hands and uncurled his fingers. "Everyone is forgiven, ok?"

He nodded and met my eyes a little hesitantly. I rolled my eyes a little and pulled him into a hug, kissing his face as he squirmed about and giggled.

—~•~—

Alexander poked my face repeatedly and I blinked my eyes open.

"...what?" I grumbled.

"You fell asleep." He explained and tossed me what I recognized to be my phone. "Your phone was ringing."

I checked the notifications and it said I  had one missed call from Evan and approximately thirty missed calls from Christine.

I groaned. "I told them I'd meet them and I'm at least fifteen minutes late."

"Well let's go then!" Alexander sprang up and grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the door.

"Whoa whoa whoa." I leaned into my talons and he stopped, probably because Alexander didn't have the strength to drag me.

"What?" He pouted.

"You're coming?"

"Yes I am." He crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

I sighed. "Ok. Sure."

He smiled and tossed me my shoes and coat, pulling on his own. I pulled on my shoes and he grabbed my hand, leading me out of his house.

"Wait." He came to a sudden halt. "Where are we going?"

I laughed, walking up to his side and leading him outside. Alexander looked around like he'd never been outside before as I led him to the little park Evan, Christine and I usually met up in.

"So, they're your friends?" He asked as we walked.

"Indeed they are." I replied, smiling.

"Will they like me?" He looked so worried.

"Probably." I kissed his forehead gently.

Alexander smiled and pushed me away, running off to the park, which was now visible down the street. I sped up to catch him, because I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow got run over or something. I grabbed his arm once I caught him and he shot me a smile.

We walked into the small park and I started looking around for Christine, because she's easier to spot then Evan.

I felt something latch onto my back and drag me backward, and I yelped.

"You're late." Christine hummed into my ear in a singsong voice.

"I know." I replied, prying her off me and turning around.

"C'mon! Evan's over here!" Christine tugged me away and I shot Alexander a look.

My boyfriend chuckled and trailed behind, disappearing somewhere into the trees.

Christine sat me down on a bench next to Evan, then plopped herself in between, wrapping her arms around our shoulders.

I stood up and Christine looked at me with betrayed eyes and I smiled.

"So, there'a someone you should meet." I said, looking behind me to spot my boyfriend.

"Ooo. Who?" Christine leaned forward with wide eyes.

"Wh-who is it?" Evan asked.

"Well you see, there's this gremlin dragged me out here, and I think he's hiding behind a tree." I pointed to the few trees that were scattered about. "Alexander..? Come out..!"

"I'm bi." He said, and Christine and Evan whipped their heads around. I chuckled at their faces when they noticed him standing behind the bench, hands in his hoodie pocket.

I walked over and stood next to Alexander. Christine got over her shock very rapidly and started laughing loudly.

"The bi gremlins unite." Evan muttered.

I gasped. "Evan? Being shady? Who would've thought?"

"I w-wasn't being shady." Evan met my eyes. "I-I was just pointing out fact."

Christine gasped loudly and did a dramatic half-faint. Then turned to Alexander. "So who are you?"

"I am the overachieving, sleepless, coffee-fueled Alexander Hamilton." He bowed with a flourish of his hand. Then he added, as if it was an afterthought. "Oh, and I'm John's boyfriend."

"Wait, what?" Evan raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah." Alex sat himself down in between Evan and Christine and shrugged.

"Took you a while John!" Christine laughed.