07| saved

Annika's whole body was numb, she could not decide what to do

Annika's whole body was numb, she could not decide what to do. Her mind was in chaos, was it possible that she was brain dead at that moment? He was drowning, in the water, because of her. She had moved forward to look down from the ship but her heart stopped beating for some seconds, she could feel her vision clouding. Shivaay could not be spotted in the dark blue waves of the ocean. 

Where was he? Annika had shouted his name for the fifth time, tears welling in her eyes. It was because of her, she was responsible for all of this. If she wouldn't have come here, outside to take in some fresh air, he wouldn't have fallen off the ship. 

Annika's first instinct was to call her brothers when she found no sight of him anywhere. Ayaan who was busy arguing with Rudra stopped when he saw Annika coming to him while panting. "Hey, hey, hey. Relax. What's the matter?" 

"He- he, Shivaay, he fell off the ship" Annika's low voice was heard by Rudra and he had run out of the room at the speed of light. Annika blankly stared at the floor beneath her. Ayaan rushed out of the room too, to find Aryan to help him find Shivaay. 

Annika took deep breaths in, wasn't she the one to wish in her head that he deserves worst of worst? Maybe it was coming true, whatever she had been wishing for was happening. If Rhea hadn't been passing through her room, she would have missed that Annika was still in her room. 

"Hey, Annika, are you alright?" Rhea's concerned voice made Annika quickly wipe her overflowing tears. How could she just stand there and let him drown? He deserves the worst, yes, but not death. No one does. 

"Listen to me Annika. It is going to be okay, he is going to be okay. It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself for all of this. I am sure you never wanted this to happen. Alright, relax. We will find him. Now, let's go" Rhea knew for a fact that it wasn't the best time to give her a big comforting speech about her not being at fault. 

Annika was dragged by Rhea out of the room and outside. The cold breeze hitting her face and this time she felt cold, it wasn't calming anymore. The atmosphere was filled with immense tension. That is when Annika's gaze fell onto the person lying on the deck of the ship, Aryan, Ayaan, Rudra and Omkara surrounding him. Was he dead? 

Annika panicked, her palms profusely sweating, her face paling each passing second. No, he can't die, not when she hadn't even talked to him properly, he can't just leave her like this. Rhea saw Annika making her way towards them in fast motion. 

Gauri who had just now come out of her room, saw Annika making her way to the group where she saw Shivaay lying? Her eyes widened, she knew it was a bad time to take a shower. "What happened to him?"

"He fell off the ship" Gauri's mouth hung low, he fell off the ship? What? How? Rhea and Gauri both made her way towards them.  Spotting Annika, Gauri went to stand beside her. She gazed at his face, it was lifeless, she needed to see if he was breathing, she needed to know if his heart was still beating, she needed to know if he would still call her sweetheart.