09 | Realised

A yawn escaped her mouth when Ayaan went on speaking about the story of how he once caught a lizard with its tail

A yawn escaped her mouth when Ayaan went on speaking about the story of how he once caught a lizard with its tail. It was hot outside, the sun was up in the sky, making Annika sweat. She fanned herself with her hand to cool herself but it was of no use, the sweat beads kept trailing down her body. Gazing at Ayaan who was still so indulged in telling the story did not notice how bored Gauri, Rudra and Annika were, except from Sammer who was looking at him with great interest. 

Rudra nudged Annika by his elbow, signaling through his eyes to see at Sammer and when she did, Annika tried to control her smile, there was something but what exactly? "That is so interesting, I can't believe you would do something like this, I hate lizards" Sammer exclaimed with excitement laced in his voice but when he met with the everyone's eyes on him, he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. 

"How is that brave Ayaan Bhaiya? No one is scared of lizards, agar himmat hai toh go and ask a random girl's number and then we will think if you are really brave or not" Rudra suggested and Ayaan looked at him with disbelief, slowly turning his head towards Sammer who had a frown on his face. Ayaan gulped down before giving a small nod. Rudra smirked, he knew what he was doing and if things went the right way, his plan would be successful. 

Annika shook her head at that, she probably knew what was going on inside the small head of his. Gauri raised her eyebrows, asking Annika what was going on and she mouthed her with a 'later'. 

After several more minutes of boring everyone, Ayaan, Sammer and Rudra were out of Annika's room, leaving behind her and Gauri. "So, what's going on between you and Omkara?" Annika questioned as she watched Gauri lay flat on her back on the bed. At that question, Gauri's cheeks reddened. 

"We may have kissed" Annika's eyes widened, it was not a huge surprise to her, knowing that there was cooking something between them but still, she was taken aback by her answer. She squealed loudly, taking her into a quick hug as Gauri sat with her legs folded. 

"Alright, chill, girl. I don't think that kiss meant anything to him, he did not even bother to look at me after that" Gauri gave her one sad smile while Annika frowned, that was not possible, Omkara was anything but a jerk. 

"Maybe he thinks you did not like kissing him" Annika stated, this was the only thing that was going on inside her head, the only possibility, because as far as she knew Omkara, he would never behave this way with anyone, not with Gauri, at least. She had seen the way Omkara looked at Gauri, she knew how much he liked her, it was the same way how he used to look at her. 

Sighing, she sat down next to her. "Listen, just talk to him, alright? I believe that he would have loved kissing you. Don't create misunderstandings, okay?" Annika kept her head on Gauri's shoulder, playing with the ring in her finger. Gauri nodded at her, she was hoping she would talk to him soon. 

"How are you holding up? Do you want me to beat that jerk up? I saw the way he was looking at you yesterday while singing" Annika giggled at her words, she certainly did not want to see him beaten up, he had already had enough from his brothers. He felt so different, he wasn't the cheerful person she knew but now he wore a small smile every time, he was calm all the time. Back four years ago, he would have never stayed so silent, he was as chirpy as she was.