𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one where lydia wears chanel

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི                     CHAPTER 13.
࿐      ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ˡʸᵈⁱᵃ ʷᵉᵃʳˢ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵉˡ

     DEATON WAS GONE, ON VACATION OR WHATEVER HE LIKED TO CALL IT

     DEATON WAS GONE, ON VACATION OR WHATEVER HE LIKED TO CALL IT. Peter didn't know.

But the days he's gone, the pack is left to defend themselves against whatever is coming to Beacon Hills. This something, someone, trying to make supernatural creatures like an easy bake oven brownie, baking them up in the dirt of Beacon Hills Preserve. Blurring the lines between science and the supernatural as Deaton said.

Sheriff Stilinski once again pushed the boundaries of his career to protect the pack and whatever is attacking these kids. And Peter doesn't know how to fix the tension Stiles is building between everyone. Non stop, like no one is allowed to the be on the same page as him. With Lydia in and out of consciousness in the hospital, Stiles has so much on his shoulders that he won't let Peter help lift.

But that might have to wait, because AP Biology doesn't wait until it's convenient for them.

"if 99.9 percent of our DNA sequence is the same as other humans, what could account for the missing 0.1 percent difference?" Mrs. Finch began, before glancing to the newest student in the class, someone other than Scott to hassle. "Theo?"

    He hesitated for only brief second. "Uh... nucleotides?"

     Mrs. Finch nodded, satisfied with her handful of following students so far. "That's correct." a hand shot up from the third row. "Yes, Kira?"

    "Can there be more than one species in the same DNA?"

    "No, but there can be multiple sets of DNA in the same individual. We call that a "chimera." Anyone know where that term comes from?" As any good teacher would, answering a question with another question. And for once, Peter Parker and Lydia Martin don't raise their hands.

     But one did. "Sydney?"

     Smart girl, maybe a bit out of her league in an AP biology, but
trying hard nonetheless. "Greek mythology. It's a lion with a goat coming out of its back and a tail that ends in the head of a snake."

     But not hard enough, the subtle glow and locked neck downwards, gave her away. "That's right, Sydney. Do you want to read us the full wikipedia entry off your phone?"

     Sydney was silent.

     "But, that does get us into the next topic of mutation. As you know from the reading, DNA is a fragile molecule. Isn't it, Scott?" she noticed his blank stare. "Or, did you miss last night's assigned reading?"