「Episode 5」

Yonghee:
If you notice anything weird, you let me know. Okay?

His smile is always so comforting. I smile back and nod my head.

Yonghee:
It's not gonna be too long. We just gotta check for any cracks or holes in the walls. Let's spread out to save time. But stay where I can see you.

I look around the schoolyard wrapped around by the U-shaped building.

Me:
Okay, I'll start from this side.

Yonghee:
Then I'll check the windows across.

Me:
Sounds good! Let's do this!

I start checking the walls next to the door we came out. I can tell the entire campus has been abandoned for a while. Most windows are broken, but they all seem safely secured with wooden panels from the inside.

I just have to look for any holes or cracks in the walls. I bend down to check the walls carefully. Looks like this one is just a paint stain...

Me:
Oh, I wonder what that might be...

I see something white between the bushes. I walk over to take a close look.

Me:
(Gasp)

It's a bone. I flinch at the sight but try not to scream out loud.

Yonghee:
What's wrong?

Yonghee hears me and rushes his way back to where I'm standing in fear. He must have been keeping an eye on me even from a distance.

Me:
No, I'm just a bit skaken up.

Yonghee:
You sure you're alright?

Me:
Yeah, I'm fine...it's just...

My eyes spot something underneath the leaves on the ground. Something shiny. It's definitely not a bone. I carefully reach for it. I feel the cold metal to the touch.

Me:
I think...it's a key.

A very ordinary-looking key is in my hand. Yonghee get closer to me to take a look.

Yonghee:
It might be something important. Maybe it'll open some of the classroom we haven't accessed yet. Let's go and tell the guys. Are you done with your side?

Me:
Yup, all clear. And you?

Yonghee nods with a smile.

Me:
Whoo! It's chilly out here. Let's get inside.

I stuff the key in my pocket as I head back with Yonghee.

Byounggon:
Hey, you guys! Welcome back! The other guys already have gone to sleep.

He said he was off duty tonight. He must've been just waiting for us. How nice of him...

Byounggon:
How did it go?

Felix:
Same old. That model skeleton thing still creeps me out. Argh! We should've thrown that out the window already.

Gowon:
I don't think that's such a good idea.

Hyunsuk:
Anyways, the rooftop's clear. No zombies.