「Episode 7」

I lie down to catch a wink but instead, I just keep rolling in the blanket. Yiren wakes up from her nap and lightly taps on my shoulder to see if I'm asleep.

Yiren:
Come on, it's almost dinner time!

Me:
Oh...

I force myself up and rub my eyes. We chat about Yiren's dream on our way to the main where everyone is.

Byounggon:
Hey!

Me:
Hey, did you get any rest?

He doesn't seem to get enough rest.

Byounggon:
Not really. I was taking care of some things.

Me:
Like what? I could've helped. You should've told me.

Byounggon:
Nah, there's no need, but thanks!

Byounggon smiles as he shakes his head.

Byounggon:
I was just making a list of things to do. You're more than welcome to help me later. For now, let's get something to eat!

Me:
Sounds like a plan!

I lay out the buns on the desks the other guys put together to make a dinner table.

Hyunsuk:
A cream bun?

Hyunsuk snatches one from the desk and starts complaining.

Hyunsuk:
You know how fast these things go bad? Even in this cold weather? I think this is what gave me the stomach ache last time.

Seunghun:
Just shut up and eat up, man.

Seunghun makes a face at Hyunsuk as he chews on a piece of jerky. Hyunsuk pouts. Should I say something?

Me:
You wanna switch it with me? I've got the BBQ chips. I don't really get sick. I'll take that bun.

Hyunsuk:
Nah, that won't be necessary. I'll just eat mine. I don't like BBQ chips anyway.

Me:
How about sharing it then?

Hyunsuk:
But this cream bun doesn't really go with the BBQ chips. You know, the flavors don't really complement each other.

Me:
Geez...you're too picky.

Hyunsuk:
What? Me? No way! I was just trying to save you trouble, you know...

I walk over to him and take his bun out fo his hands. I take a quick sniff at it.

Hyunsuk:
Hey!

Me:
There's nothing wrong with this. I don't smell anything.

I split the bun and give one half to Hyunsuk.

Hyunsuk:
I guess you really like cream buns. Well, you're welcome!

Hyunsuk keeps whining as he grabs some of my BBQ chips.

Seunghun:
What the heck? Aren't you supposed to be thanking her?

Seunghun yells at Hyunsuk as if he's scolding a little kid. I continue to enjoy my dinner. One bite of sweet and soft cream bun followed by a crunchy, salty BBQ chip. Not too bad, actually. The dinner time goes pretty well than I expected.