「Episode 21」

Man 2:
Where did he go?

A man approaches us as he mumbles. He's shocked to see us and backs off. But soon, he realises that we're not zombies. He sees the man on the ground.

Man 2:
Jay? Who are you guys!?

The man looks frightened. He turns his body as if he's ready to run in any second.

Yonghee:
Uh...I can explain. He thought we were zombies and tried to kill us...and we were just trying to fight back...we're sorry.

Yonghee glimpses at Byounggon as he apologises to the man.

Byounggon:
He wouldn't have been dead if he hadn't attacked us first. It's such a pity.

Gosh...he sounds like a completely different person! It feels like I don't know him anymore. Fortunately, the man doesn't seem to be offended by Byounggon.

Man 2:
You poor man...I knew this would happen. I told you! Why didn't you listen to me!

He shouts looking at the dead man's bloody face. He knows it's too late. He looks so remorseful.

Yonghee:
Did you say you knew this would happen to him? Has he attacked people before?

Man 2:
Yes...I don't know what started it. But he became very violent. Especially, since he learned about the safe zone where people haven't been infected. He believed everyone outside the safe zone is all zombies.

We're all stunned by what he says.

Yonghee:
...What? The safe zone?

Man 2:
You guys...didn't know?

Am I the only one who's hearing about this for the first time? I look at the other guys real quick. They all look confused and shocked as I am.

Except for...Byounggon. Did you know about this, Byounggon? Yonghee steps forward and asks the man.

Yonghee:
No, we didn't. It's our first time hearing this. Tell us more about it, please.

Man 2:
That's odd. I thought they informed everyone. The army, they went around and put up posters about it everywhere. You really haven't seen one?

Yonghee:
We've been staying in one place hiding all this time.

Man 2:
But I'm sure they hit every possible place to let people know.

What he just said reminds me of something. The shadow of a person I saw through the window...Maybe it was the soldier putting up the poster? But I don't remember seeing any posters on our way out.

Man 2:
It's about two bus stops away from here. Oh, right. I have a map. Let me show you.

He takes a folded map from his pocket.

Byounggon:
Thank you.

Man 2:
.....

Byounggon takes his hand out to get the map. But the man sees Byounggon's bloody hand and gives it to Jinyoung instead. We gather around the map.

There is a small red circle marked on it. And it really is only a couple bus stops away from here. But it'd definitely take much more time on foot.

Next to the red circle reads, [The Safe Zone E-03]. It looks like it'd located in a large stadium. We're all speechless.

Man 2:
Gee...you guys must have had it pretty tough.

The man shaked his head as he folds the map and puts it back in his pocket.