Scene 2

INT. BIG BERTHA - 7:15

Principal Panganiban sits near the very front. Emily follows and sits at the very back. Alex sits on the second row. Kaitlyn walks and spots Alex's vacant seat.

KAITLYN

Hey, Alex? Is this seat taken?

ALEX (he puts his legs on the vacant seat)

Oh, yeah!

Kaitlyn frowns and decides to sit next to Principal Panganiban. Monet is next and crosses the row where Alex is sitting. Alex raises his eyebrows and pats the seat, clearly wanting her to sit next to him. Monet shakes her head as she sits in the seat behind him instead. Dennis rushes from offstage, tumbles over nothing, boards the bus, then sits next to Alex. He then gives him a huge hug and begins giving him a noogie.

DENNIS

How's life, dude?

ALEX

I'm fine, Dennis.

Cody is the last to enter and decides to sit next to Monet. He puts is arm behinds his chair, looking pretty cool. The bus begins to make bus noises.

DENNIS

Want a sandwich, Alex?

ALEX

I'd rather not.

DENNIS

It's good!

Dennis hands Alex a sandwich

ALEX

I swear to God, this better not be the classic gag where one character gives another something weird.

DENNIS

Trust me, man!

Alex takes a bite of the sandwich, then nods.

ALEX

I stand corrected, Dennis. It was just a cheese sandwich.

DENNIS

What did you think was gonna happen?

ALEX

Knowing how much of a weirdo you are, I was thinking... mayonnaise and gummy worms?

DENNIS

Ah. Fair enough. That does suit my archetype. Let's try to diversify then!

ALEX

How so?

DENNIS

Well, nerdy characters like me aren't usually one for gossip.

ALEX

Sure.

DENNIS

So spill some gossip, Alex!

ALEX

Uhh... I don't have anything. We've hit that slump where every day feels formulaic and boring.

DENNIS

What do you mean?

ALEX

Kaitlyn will always be a stuck-up prick, Cody will always be the cool kid on the block, Emily will always be the snarky loner, Monet will always be the manic pixie dream girl, and you'll always be...you!