Scene 3 - Part 1

INT. BIG BERTHA - 8:00

JUSTIN (28) is seen debriefing the six students who are quietly sitting in their seats

JUSTIN

Alright. I have no earthly idea what just happened but she's under extensive care.

MONET

Is she gonna be alright?

JUSTIN

No clue. All they know is that she's didn't have a stroke and that she should be consious in a couple of hours.

EMILY

Any theories?

JUSTIN

Personally, I've had experience with stuff like this before. She might've overdosed on pills.

EMILY

Excuse me?

JUSTIN

Pills, you know? Old people vitamins. Not a deadly amount but enough to knock her out. They can take up to twenty-four hours to kick in.

ALEX

Good to know. Anyways, I'm off. Hasta la vista, baby!

JUSTIN

I don't think so, Alex. I have a strict moral code. Every student must be on the bus from beginning to end. I'm not letting you leave.

ALEX

But I got suspended. I'm free!

JUSTIN

I'm the adult here. I don't want you to walk home unsupervised. You're still going to school, bud.

ALEX

Fine. I guess a farewell tour won't hurt.

Justin waves goodbye as he goes back to the driver's seat and begins driving the bus again. Kaitlyn is seen writing on a checklist board.

CODY

Okay, for real. August- you went too far there.

ALEX

How so? It was my Hail Mary! She was being a complete biznatch to all of us. Plus, she always makes us late by taking her sweet time at Pancake House.

EMILY

Look, Alex. I know Principal Panganiban is a stuck-up old cow and all, but even I think you should've held back, dude. You're screwed now.

MONET

Well, I agree that what Alex did crossed the line but he's not completely guilty. The principal was provoking all of us. Why should we give her a free pass for bad behaviour?

EMILY

Uhh... because she controls everything about our lives?

MONET

And? The world doesn't revolve around her.

EMILY

Yes, but it revolves around grades on a paper. Once I get my report card, I'm outtie. No way am I staying in this dumpsite.

MONET

All I'm saying is that the school prides itself on humility and care. Principal Panganiban showed none of those traits.

EMILY

Easy for you to say. You have enough funds to save yourself.

MONET