8

Hi guys! Thanks for sticking with the book and reading it this far! I promise that it's going to get a whole lot more interesting here in the next few chapters! :)

Anyways, I was thinking about adding a cast to the book. Since the story's developed a bit, and you probably have an idea of the characters in your head, I was thinking of letting the fans choose the cast!

Leave a comment below of which celebs you think are right for each character! Who do you picture as Hanna? Who do you see as being Alex? I'll update the cast as soon as I get some responses, so please leave a comment!

By the way, I appreciate everyone who votes for my chapters! Don't forget to vote!

I love you all! xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day at school, I actually managed to turn in my homework assignments. I tried turning in my senior paper, but my English teacher refused to take it. I wasn't as clueless as I'd been the day before in calc, since I remembered to read the chapters last night. My physics homework was tucked in my bag, since I didn't need it for two more periods. Surprisingly, the day went by fairly fast. I was able to lose myself for a while in the schoolwork, and pretend like everything was normal. Between classes I'd think about Alex, and wonder how he was feeling. Hopefully the nurses are taking good care of him.

Zoey and I ate lunch together, as usual. For the first time since Alex's accident, I actually had an appetite. It was nice to have a rumble in your stomache and crave a good cheeseburger in the middle of art class for once.

My plan was to head in to see Alex after school again today. I hadn't heard any news from Nick or his parents, so went with the old saying that "no news is good news," meaning that he was still in the same condition and nothing worse than when I last saw him. I'd spent the entire day worrying about him. Once I could see him, and know that he really was okay, then I'd hopefully be able to calm down, The only time I worried less about him was when I was sitting right next to him.

Finally I was walking down the hallway and heading to room 119, where Alex was staying. My stomache tingled, knowing that I was going to get to see him in just a few seconds. I poked my head into the room, looking around. Nobody else was there. I walked inside, pulled the chair up to my usual place, and took a seat.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm here again. This is my favorite part of the day, you know? Even with everything that's going on right now, seeing you is still the highlight of my day," I whispered. I moved my hand to his cheek. "Your cuts are healing up real nice. So's that big bruise. You're looking almost back to normal," I smiled, thinking about his laugh. I wanted to hear it so bad. "Anyways, I know you're dying to know what happens next in the Alex and Hanna saga, even though you already know, so I'll jump right in."

The doorbell rang. Alex was finally here. I was going on a date. With Alex Henderson.

I was going on a date with Alex Henderson.

I tried hard to wipe the smile off of my face, but it just wouldn't disappear. I wanted to come off as cool, not dorky and weird. After a second of giggling, I was finally able to supress the grin. At least for a few minutes.

I opened the door to see a very cute Alex standing just over the threshold. His navy blue polo and tan khakis looked good, and not at all overdone. He was grinning the same way that I was.

"You know, you can come in," I joked, stepping out of the way so he could get in the door. It latched gently behind him. "These are my parents, Christina and Mike."