18

Hey guys! Sorry I was gone for like almost a week. On Tuesday I woke up with a terrible case of the flu. Like I couldn't even get out of bed. And I laid around and slept and watched daytime TV for three days.

So then Friday I went back to school (feeling kind of better) only to learn that I'd missed a TON of work. So I spent Friday evening and all day yesterday working on my make up work. I actually had to cook for culinary and write a paper on esters for chem. And now I'm all caught up!

So that's kind of an update w/ me. So now let's get on to an update with the story! And just because I was gone for so long, I made this one a little longer! Enjoy!xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey guys," I said, walking through the door to Alex and Matt's apartment. Our little group had made plans to go to a state park and picnic for the day. "Is Zoey here yet?" I looked around for her, but I couldn't see her.

"Here!" She yelled, coming out of Matt's bedroom. She'd probably been looking for the TV remote; Matt carried it out of the living room constantly. "What's up, Han?"

"Not much. I got the food," I smiled and held up a picnic basket. I'd packed sandwiches, chips, and fruit. The boys wouldn't eat the fruit, but Zoey and I would. "Where's Alex?" I asked, noticing he wasn't in the room.

"Oh! He's in the shower." Matt answered. He had a six pack of Pepsi in each hand. "I gotta throw these in the cooler. Back in a minute."

"And I'll take this down," Zoey grabbed the picnic basket out of my arms and slid through the door before it latched shut. I gazed around the living room, looking at the bare walls. Of course they didn't have room decor. They were boys. Although, there were pictures of the four of us all around the apartment. There were group shots of all four of us, some of just Zoey and Matt, some of me and Alex, and miscellaneous other shots. We were such a tight group.

At that moment, Alex came walking into the living room shirtless. I felt so guilty about staring at his huge, toned muscles, but I didn't at the same time. I can't believe I didn't start drooling. "Oh, hey Hanna," He said, giving me a tiny wave. "Where'd Matt and Zoey go?"

"Down to the truck," I answered quickly. "They should be back up anytime soon."

"Okay," He sauntered out to the kitchen and got a glass of water. Everything almost seemed normal, except for the fact that we still weren't back together. Hell, he didn't even know we ever were together to begin with.

"So what've you and Nick been up to the past couple days?" I asked, remembering Matt saying something to me about Nick taking off work.

"Wedding stuff. One day you wake up from a coma, and the next you're being told you're going to be a best man," He sipped on the water as he walked back over to me. I really wished he'd put a shirt on. I had to be looking so awkward. My eyes wouldn't budge from his abs.

"That's cool," I absentmindedly whispered. "What kind of stuff?"

"Oh, well, we had to go talk to a caterer. Stuff like that," Alex put the glass down and walked back into his room. Thankfully, he came back out wearing a white tee shirt. Maybe I'd seem a little less creepy since the distraction was removed.

"Sounds like fun. Did you guys get to sample any food?" Conversation was really weird between the two of us righ now. Way more awkward than it had ever been before. What was going on?

"Not really. They said we won't pick dishes for a couple more months. They picked a date. It's going to be February 24th. It'll be exactly ten years since they first met."