Chapter 4: She's Watching?

The day passed so slow, the more I wished for the time to speed up, the more it slows down. Argh.

It's now time for lunch. With my packed lunch and Myra's salad, she asked me to eat at the bleachers with her.

"What's up with you comrade?" I looked at my best friend who seemed to be in a sour mood.

"Here, still having dreams about the person who doesn't even look at me the same way." She ate a big amount of the salad, reminding me of the stressful eating she did in the past.

"How about you bring out the burdens in your heart and the thoughts in your mind. I can't stand you seeing like this." I tried to help her which made her smile a little bit.

She cleans the side of her mouth first with a tissue while I closed the lid of my Tupperware and placed it inside the paper bag.

"The reason why I always get along with the cheerleaders is because of her, not just because of my cousin Jenna. I always joined the party because that's the only place where I can talk and hang out with her." She sighed happily as if she remembered the good days they both had.

"The infatuation started when we're in 10th grade. Then until now, I realized that it's not just infatuation anymore. My heart is serious for her, so much that I can't stop thinking about her."

When I saw the sincerity in Myra's eyes, I knew that she really is in love with Raye. Then why did she agreed for helping her?

"To answer your question, I agreed with the dare because she convinced me. She said that she has a crush on you since 10th grade." Myra bowed her head down. Now I feel really bad for her...

"I've been to her house for 3 days for the preparation. We hangout and even went to the carnival together. I can't help it anymore so I continued to help her." Her tears are now visible which made me hug her.

"I'm so sorry Myra. This is all my fault." I whispered. It wasn't really a dare at all, the cheerleader has real feelings for me.

"How can it be your fault when you don't even felt the same towards her right?" She positively asked.

"You have a point. Is she ignoring you?"

"She never replied to my texts. But Jenna will make a way for us to talk." My eyes widen because her cousin knew this too.

"Your cousin knew all of this?"

"Yeah, she was the one who introduced me to her, starting from that day she teases me that we'll be a cute couple." I stared at her in awe.

Indeed, she and Raye will make a good pair.

After she cools down, we went to our next class which is Science. What a nice transition.

◀◀▶▶▶

"Fix the problems with your girl, I still have a rehearsal to attend to."

"I won't be seeing Stephy today." She pouted.

"Don't do that pout, it doesn't fit you. Bye Myra!" I walked away before she can punch me in the arms.

My sister will be watching our rehearsals today since she'll be visiting her old friend a.k.a our headmaster, Ms.Farah Deandrae.

I entered the almost full auditorium. Some are fangirling over the other bands that will perform next week. I searched for the face of my bandmates. I spotted them in the corner, with Jack having a scowl on his face.

"What's with the scowl?"I asked as I approached them.

"Jack here is getting annoyed that no one even asked for our signature or whatever," Marge said, our drummer.

I looked around us and I was a little disappointed to see no one, but only the faces of my bandmates. The other bands made a quiet impression on the students who started to form a small crowd.

"Well, at least we get to perform at the stage right?" Hansen, the always positive rhythm guitarist said.

"We've been waiting for this opportunity for years, good thing Noah convinced them." Eva the girl behind the keys pointed out.

"Alright stop all the blabbing, Jack amp up your bass. Dev prepares your voice and guitar." Our lead vocalist Noah said.

We started to prepare for our turn on the stage. One more turn and we're in.

"Thank you for that wonderful performance Band101." The speaker said, earning a lot of applause and whistles from the small crowd.

"Now for the last but not the least, N-6!" The only clap and voice I can hear are no one other than my sister.

"That's my gals!" She shouted. Some of the students started to leave the auditorium. They're just here to support a particular band. That made Noah sigh.

"On my cue. 3, 2, 1," Noah whispered.

The instruments start to play one by one from the keyboard, bass, guitar, and drums.

We chose to sang "I'm in the mood for love" sung by Julie London. The theme for the concert is romantic songs because of the incoming Valentine's day.

Everything sounds so perfect when and Noah starts to sing. The bad thing is only a few people get to see this. The other students remaining started to sing along with us.

This earned Noah to show her smile at the remaining audience.

The solo of the song came which is accompanied by the keyboard of Eva that now produces a sound effect of a saxophone, making the song more lovely.

The song finally ended and we earned a couple of claps and whistles from the small set of students.

I bid goodbyes to my bandmates and we left on our separate ways, except for Hansen and Jack who are together.

"That. Was. Astonishing." My sister said dramatically.

We walked to the parking lot and entered her car. She started to catch up with me and asked some questions.

"I didn't know that you're friends with Farah's little sister, Dev." I looked at her confusedly.

"Of course you don't know her, you're always with Myra and your bandmates." She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I saw her little sister standing near the auditorium's door, while the other students are leaving."

"I didn't saw her and my only close friend at school is Myra," I said which made her smirk playfully.

"I can tell that there's something with that girl's stare at you earlier."

I just sighed at my sister's corrupted mind. I placed my head on the window and thought about the reaction we'll give at the actual performance.