Chapter 7: Hangover is Real

The party ended with all of them being drunk. Of course, I am not included. I was the one who helped them with everything last night.

They went home drunk while I went home tired. Mom and Dad didn't ask me any questions regarding the party because I wasn't drunk myself.

It's now another day, another headache from school works.

I let out a frustrated sigh while choosing the best answer for the question in this science pop quiz.

I forgot that we'll be having a quiz today. Yesterday was really havoc.

"Okay class pass your papers. I'll give them back to you tomorrow." Our professor dismissed us.

"Argh, I left the last number blank." I let out a frustrated sigh again.

"You're lucky it's only one number. I think I left out... half of the items?" Myra massaged her head, probably hangover.

"What happened last night my friend?" I wiggled my eyebrows making her face turn red. I knew it.

"You want to hear it?"

"Oh hell no, let's now go to the cafeteria." I hurriedly went to the cafeteria, not minding Myra who is calling my name.

"I was just joking! I'll never tell you what happened, I made my promise to her."

"Make sure not to break it."

We were eating peacefully. When Raye called the name of my best friend from her table.

"Myra! Come here!" She invited the girl sitting in front of me.

Just like what happened last night, she stood up and left without an excuse. I thought she's already going there, but she stopped.

"Can I bring Dev too?" This made a few not-so-good stares from the cheerleaders.

"Yeah of course," Raye said, eyeing the cheerleaders. Myra asked me to stand up and go with her to the table.

I stood up unsurely and made my way to the big table. When I approached their table, I showed them a simple smile, just to ease the tension on their glares.

"Guys. Stop those looks. You're making the friend of my girl- Myra shy." Raye smiled nervously.

The cheerleaders kept on staring at me the whole time. They watched every action I did and that's it, I am done eating in front of these weirdos.

"Guys I said stop the glares," Raye said with an authority in her voice, making all of the cheerleaders focus their attention on Raye.

"I moved on from her okay?" She whispered, earning loud gasps from the cheerleaders.

"Who's the new boy or girl captain?" The brunette cheerleader asked.

Raye seems to be in a hot seat right now. From the corner of my eyes, I can see the eyes of Myra as if she's sending Raye a signal to tell it to them.

"I'll tell it during the practice." Raye sighed and the cheerleaders' mood changed to excitement.

◀◀▶▶▶

It's now time to go home. I asked Myra to take me home since she drove her orange minivan going to school.

"Anyway, how was your experience from last night." She asked.

"Oh, you don't want to know." I played a game that made her face me and lose her focus on the road.

"Hey the road, silly."

"What do you mean I don't wanna know- OMG you aren't a virgin anymore are you?" I gasped at her words.

"Awe crap, I was just playing with you. Well, it was watching every person sing, drink yogurt drinks, watch, yogurt drinks, and yogurt drinks."

After I said those words, she let out a loud laugh. What the heck?

"Are you serious?! All you did was drink yogurt drinks last night?! You're freaking unbelievable." She smacked the car's steering wheel a couple of times. Which made the car beep a few times.

"Well if you're just not busy with whatever business you're doing with Raye we could tour the whole house." She stopped laughing, her face is now tomato red again.

"At least I'm getting a girlfriend. I won't be single forever." She muttered, but I heard it clearly.

I let out a huge sigh, having negative thoughts about what Myra said. Maybe I am born to be single. An independent human being.

◀◀▶▶▶

"See you on Monday! Enjoy the weekends and don't worry, you won't be forever single." Myra winked and she drove off the driveway.

I entered the door and was greeted by the laughter of my family.

"Oh and that time when I first went to Paris, all the people around me are like 'Bonjour mademoiselle.' Yes, I can understand those words but after that, they said some words I can't understand. Do you know what I replied?"

"No sis, what's it?" I joined them.

"I said 'Oui' then my friend beside me laughed. She said that the guy is asking for my name." My parents laughed along with my sister.

They stared at me when I didn't laugh.

"Just go to your bedroom and sleep." My sister fakes an angry face, making my parents laugh more.

I smiled going to my room. My sister is really the happy pill of my parents. She always brightens up our day with her silly jokes.

I opened my phone and saw the messages from our group chat in the band.

Noah: Guys! We'll be having our jamming session tomorrow at my house right?

Eva: Right boss.

Marge: 👍

I closed my phone and laid down on my bed.