Chapter 11: The Stars Can Only Tell

Kate's POV:

Devyn Michell. What can I say about that girl? Well, she's everything you could ask for. Except that she's always hiding in her own shell. That's what I noticed when I joined their band.

I can't play any instruments, that's why they chose me as a vocalist. It was my sister Farah who decided for me to join the band. I told her that I will only join if they'll put me on the band of Noah Oxford. She was fine with it.

I chose them because I admire their group since they started. Sometimes I'll sneak at the auditorium just to see their rehearsals. People don't actually notice them, unlike the other bands who have a lot of fans.

They were 6 six members, but the only one I admire the most is Devyn. God, if she'll only just fully open her eyes, she'll see the wonderful things around her, and me liking her.

She's now sleeping peacefully. Until her phone starts to ring. I quickly turned to my left side and closed my eyes shut. I know it's not good to eavesdrop, but I can't sleep that easily.

I heard her small grunt when the ringing ended.

"Sister. How are you and why are you calling me in the midst of my sleep?" She said in her sleepy voice.

There was a reply on the other line but it seems like Devyn falls asleep again. I smirked.

"DEV!" Her sister shouted which makes Devyn mutter foreign languages.

"Yes, yes, I'm here what is it?" She said in an alarmed tone. Holy shit she's too adorable.

There was another reply and I think she just cut off her own sister.

"Damn her." I heard her whisper. After that, I heard no noise. Just when I turned on my right side, I saw Devyn sleeping on her left side, making me see her beautiful face.

That's what I loved about Devyn, she may have simple looks, but she has this uniqueness that pulls me into her.

For example, when she was at my party, which is the night after their concert, I saw her sitting alone on the couch watching the performers. I thought she'll be drinking a beer but instead, she's drinking a freaking yogurt drink.

It's hella cute from my sight. When I noticed that the box is almost empty, I quickly went to the storage room where there's a dozen of that drink inside the cooler. I picked up the boxes I can carry and hurriedly placed them inside the fridge.

After I did that, she went to the fridge to grab another other. Her expression says it all.

Until my sister, Kora came in the direction of Devyn. Oh dear, not Devyn, please.

Just mentioning the name of my sister makes my blood boil. She's not only known for her looks but also for her being a loved player. In short, she's a ho-

I quickly closed my eyes when I saw Devyn moving her arms. I counted to 10 inside my head. Once I opened it, her brown orbs are staring back at me.

"Why are you still awake?" She eyed me with confusion and curiosity. How should I say this?

"I was just... Looking at the stars?" I pointed to the balcony without even turning back.

She just looked at me as if I am unbelievable. I am.

She closed her eyes and turned to her right side. Geez, that was close.

I didn't bother to turn and just closed my eyes. But no matter how hard I try to sleep, my brain betrays me.

I opened my eyes again and saw the empty bed of Devyn. Where did she go?

I sat on the bed and looked around until I saw her tall figure standing on the balcony.

Without any hesitation, I went to where she is standing. I stood beside her and looked at her. She was staring above, at the stars.

I don't know which is the beautiful sight, her face under the moonlight or the shining stars?

"What's up with you Kate? Earlier you were so kind to me, then later you're back to your own... You." Not going to lie, but that hurts.

She was still looking at the stars. I looked up too while thinking of an answer. You're better than this.

"I'm afraid." I sighed.

She tore her stare from the stars and stared at me.

"Afraid of what?" She asked.

"Afraid of the people's reaction and my parents'." I nervously said.

She stared at confusedly again. She really doesn't get it huh?

"Devyn, I am gay."

"So am I Kate." She looked back at the stars with a smirk forming on her lips.

What is this girl doing to me?