Chapter 15: K and D

"Pst. Myra!" I knocked quietly on their door, hoping not to wake Raye up.

After a few small knocks, the door opened revealing a not so impressed Myra.

"What is it?"

"I have to tell something." I grabbed her arms, ignoring her whines and cuss words.

"What is it!? I and Raye could be in the middle of-"

"She likes me back!"

"SHE WHAT?!" She shouts it was so loud that the birds around us flew.

"Tone down your voice Myra." I grabbed her wrists and led us to the nipa hut, away from our friends' sight if they accidentally woke up.

"Kate Deandrae likes you back?!" She squeals.

"Yes! It was so real, her feelings are so real. You could see it in her eyes that she really meant it." I happily whispered.

"Then why did you left your bae sleeping alone there?"

"I was exploding in happiness, I can't take it anymore so I want to share it with you." She sent me a teasing glare after I said that. Oh, how I regret telling her.

"Oh, it will not only be me, hun. Tomorrow, expect the best treatment from us." She said with an authority in her voice.

"I'm not sure if Kate is ready for everyone to know it." I was unsure of what Myra is planning.

"You're such a baby. What we'll be doing tomorrow is proven and tested. Good luck Dev, I am so proud of you! You ain't a baby anymore." She ruffled my hair and tightly hugged me.

"Goodnight and thank you, Myra."

"No problem buddy."

I went back to our room and softly turned the knob, making a small squeak that wakes Kate. Shit.

"Dev? Where were you?"

"I, uh, drank some water downstairs. I was thirsty." I explained and slept on my own bed.

"Can I sleep next to you? I promise that I'll leave enough space. Who knows, maybe you do sleepwalks." She laughed at the last part.

"I don't. But sure you can." I nervously said. Ermahgerd.

She rose from her bed and sat next to me. She smiled and asked me the question I've been waiting for for the rest of my life.

"Can I take you out tomorrow? Just the both of us?" She hopefully asked.

"Heck yes." But what about Myra's plan though?

◀◀▶▶▶

"Where are we going today?" I asked the freshly dressed Kate. Duh, she always looked so fresh.

"You'll know it once we get there." She playfully smirked.

We both went down the stairs and were met by the goofy smiling faces of my friends.

"Where do you think you two are going?" Martha slowly asked, eyeing us.

Crap, Myra really broke it to them.

"I'm taking her outside for our date." Kate proudly said. I looked at Myra who is giving me a thumbs up.

"Oh hell Nah. Your date will be here." Jack said and grabbed both of our wrists.

I and Kate went silent while he's leading us to God know where.

Then he led us to a place a little bit far from the beach. Why didn't I noticed this place yesterday?