Chapter 14: Confession

We arrived at our destination. The trip was almost for 5 hours. Myra rented a private resort for us. She said that it's her gift for us as a manager.

"We're here!" Myra squeaked and stopped the car's engine.

"Already?" The sleepy Eva asked Noah.

"Yes, babe. You've been sleeping for the whole ride. So..." Noah laughed at Eva's face.

We went out of the van and stared at the big house in front of us.

"This seems so expensive."I heard Jack mutter to Hansen.

"Then let's make it worthy." Hansen kissed his cheeks.

"Welcome to Blu House, Ms. Leticia. I'll go get your bags." The kind middle-aged man said to Myra.

"Thank you, Rick."

We followed Myra as she entered the massive house. I examined my surroundings, this place does have an aura that can easily make you feel relaxed.

"On the second floor, there's a total of 4 bedrooms, on the third floor there's a one-bedroom, gym room, game room, and a small studio room. At the fourth, well there are no rooms in that area. It has a jacuzzi and a beautiful view of the whole place." Myra explained as if she's our tour guide.

"Damn, can I live here?" Eva asked. Eva has great admiration for houses and other architecture.

"We'll make a house like this soon hun." Noah kissed Eva's forehead, which earned a little awe from us.

"So who'll be sleeping on the third floor?" Marge boredly asked.

"You." We all said in unison.

Maggie excitedly went up to the third floor.

"Probably for the gym room," Myra remarked. She got a few 'yeah' from us.

We went to the beach which is just outside the house.

"Holy mackerels," Hansen whispered. After he said that he and Jack raced to the water.

"Noah let's go there." Eva grabbed Noah's arm and led her to where she wants to go.

It was only me, Kaye, Myra, and Raye left standing.

"You guys don't have plans?" Raye asked the both of us.

"Uhh.." I just awkwardly trailed off.

"Oh well, I and Raye will be at the kitchen. See y'all later." Myra and Raye went back inside the house.

"What do you want to do?" I and Kate said at the same time.

"You first." We said it again in unison.

"Well, I want to change my clothes and sit there." Kate pointed at the sand where the water is washing it.

"I guess I'll go with you. There's nothing left to do anyway." We both went to the second floor, where our assigned room is.

She opened the door and let me in first. I smiled and thanked her.

I opened the big wardrobe, expecting a pair of swimsuits or something.

Of course, there was a lot of swimwear hanged inside it. I picked up the blacktop and denim shorts.

"I'll change at the bathroom," I said to Kate whose outfit is already laid on the bed.

"Okay. I'll meet you there." I nodded and went inside the bathroom.

I quickly removed my clothes from our performance earlier and switched with the clothes I got from the wardrobe.

Good thing it fits right and comfortable. I grabbed the thin jacket with me and made my way down.

Waves of laughter can be heard around the whole house. From the kitchen, small nipa hut, and at the entertainment area. That makes me and Kate alone at the beach.

"Hey." I sat down beside her and watched the sunset in front of us.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She said while staring at the magnificent sunset.

"I agree." I stared at the view too, minutes later I can feel her soft gaze against me.

"Life is so full of surprises Dev." Kate started to speak again.

"Yeah, it does." Still not facing her.

"Look at me in the eyes Dev."

Without any thinking, I turned to face her, the sunset illuminating through her face really did her good.

"I just needed to get something out of my chest, something that has been bothering me." She looked deeply into my eyes as if instructing me to listen properly.

"Devyn, I think this would be the perfect moment to finally tell it to you." She sat closer to me, almost not leaving a distance between us.

"Okay-"

"Devyn Michell, I think I like you."

I stared at her confusedly. Like, how? I heard about my friends talking about me being blind. Is this it? I couldn't tell if all of those she did are just a friendly manner.

Looks like it wasn't friendly at all.

"I'm sorry for acting like that towards you before. But something in you changed me, Devyn. I'm not even sure if you like me back." She said the last sentence in a whisper, but I heard it clearly.

I don't know what happened but the next thing I knew is that I am hugging her tightly and whispered the same words she said.

"I think I like you too Kate."