Chapter Two

(Song-You should be sad by Halsey)

BELLE TOLD HER MOM ABOUT VICTORIA'S offer. Her mom did not take the news well. She wasn't quite sure what to tell her at the moment. "How can you think of that, Belle? You want to leave me alone with your siblings? It won't work." Mrs Anderson shook her head.

"Mom, I'll be coming to the grocery store everyday and sleepover during the weekend. Please, Mom." Belle tried holding her hand but her mom refused to listen."Pleaseeeee........"

Mrs Bridges heaved a sigh. "Okay, honey. But you won't miss coming here, right?"

"Yes, I won't mom."Belle hugged her tightly, "I love you, Mom."

"Love you too."

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

In the Andersons' House, Toronto.

Simmie was sitting under a canopy with a glass of wine in his hand. He wore only a pair of black shorts leaving his toned chest bare. He was looking at the swimming pool when his mom came up to him and took his glass.

"Mom, what is it now?" Simmie looked at her.

"You're almost thirty, and you don't have a wife yet." Mrs Anderson dropped the glass on the table.

"Mom, we've had this discussion several times and I told you that I'm not interested in a relationship now." He tried to reach for his glass but his mom pushed his hand away.

"What of those ladies I made you go on dates with? Did you not find someone to take as your wife?'

"Mom, I am not interested in any of them. My work comes first. Women are the last thing on my list."

Mrs Anderson cupped her son's cheeks.

"Simm, you look lonely, you need someone who can share your problems with. I can see it in your eyes, son. Why don't you find yourself a woman?"

"Oh come on, mom! I don't need a woman, I'm better off being alone." He removed his mom's hand. "Excuse me, I need to chill off right now." Simmie walked straight to the swimming pool with the glass of wine in his hand.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

Belle had called Victoria already.

"That's my girl. I'm coming right away."

The car ride to the Andersons' took just twenty minutes. Belle's bags were taken to Victoria's room.

'Vee, your house is so big!" Belle gushed.

"Not my house, Bel...My dad's house." Victoria corrected.

Not listening to what she was saying, Belle continued to look around her house, "And you have servants too...Wow, Vee!"

Victoria grabbed her hand and dragged her along." Let's see my mom"

They got to the swimming pool where Simmie was. This was Victoria's initial plan for Belle to see Simmie first.

"Vee, who is that?" Whispering to Victoria, she tried her best to hide her face.

"Oh, that's my brother. Let's say hello." Victoria took her closer.

"Hey Simmie."

Simmie turned slowly and his eyes landed on Belle first and then to Victoria. Belle's heart flipped.

He was fair. His unfathomable, golden brown eyes contrasted beautifully with his face. His eyes were as deep and expressive, where one could get lost if you stared long enough. He had dark eye brows. His hair was black and slicked back. His nose was long and pointed, his mouth slightly full and his chin faintly cleft. His face had this faraway look in it, which cannot be described.

"Hey." His deep voice responded.

His voice, he's beautiful. Belle blushed a little. Belle, remember you're here to stay not to fall in love. An inner voice told her.

"And who is that...why is she hiding behind you? Is she the new maid? She should stop hiding and start working immediately." He said, trying to see who it was.

Simmie asked as he glanced at Belle again.
Belle's face turned sour.

He's annoying even with his beautiful face.

"You're asking too many questions. She is my best friend. She's living with us now." Victoria said.

"You cannot bring anyone here! Doesn't she have a house?" Simmie was still looking at Belle.

"You've got to stick your nose elsewhere. This is not your house, Simmie. Don't tell me who I should bring and shouldn't bring to this house." She snapped at him.

"Vee, it's okay." Belle tried to stop her.

"She's staying here and you can't do anything about it! Let's find mom, Bel" She stormed off with Belle walking behind her.

Her name is Belle, I see. Simmie thought. I hope she doesn't stay here long.

Victoria took Belle to the garden. Her mom was picking some berries.

"Mom, I'm home."

Putting the berries into her fruit basket, she turned to Victoria.

"Tori, you're back....And you've brought Belle with you, right?"

"Yes, mom."

"Good afternoon, ma'am"

Mrs Anderson got closer to Belle, cupping her cheeks. "You've grown so charming, I can't remember the last time I saw you. And I heard of your father's demise. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, ma."

Giving her cheeks a little pat, "You can stay here as long as you want. Feel at home here."

"Thank you, ma." Belle smiled at her.

"Lemme show you around." Victoria grabbed her hand.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.                        *. *. *. *.  *. *. *. *. *

Belle is in the Andersons now and Simmie doesn't seem to be comfortable with that 😏....... Well, there are a lot of things to unfold. Read chapter three🌸

Feel free to give your opinions 🤍

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖