Chapter 38: The Time That Passed

Haruto continued.
“Like I said.. Aoi lied that the picture was 4 years old.”
“Wha..what are you saying..”
“That pic was taken only a few days before we showed you. So it’s still 7 years bloom.”
“No way!!!”
“dr Ichiri.. we didn’t have a camera 11 years ago at the first place..”
“ wait. If I grind that flower and test with this acid. It turns red. Otherwise….”
As ichiri tested the flower. The white flower turned yellow. Ichiri trembled down.
“no.. … I see.. they never left a spot unchecked. They took everything away!.. I.. never..I never had a chance..”
Direct Kikusui came and took away the harmful spray.
“Its alright now..”
Haruto came up and spoke.
“Why are you so determined dr Ichiri.. to accomplish this?”
“well..” he paused and continued.
“Ever since I was a child, my existence was only for my father’s research. So I didn’t have any friends.. so for me.. the word 'friend' carried a special meaning to my life.. it was a unique existence.. and that’s when I remember about kanna. I was overjoyed.. I was so determined to do something for that friend.. even if it meant giving my life .. since I had to repent anyways.. and this is how it ends..”
“Dr Ichiri..”
“I had never expected that you guys would lie one something like that. And I had some hope on that flower. It’s not your fault. I never had friends to lie..or joke with…so in the end I failed to do something for my friend because I didn’thave any experience of having a friend…. This is it.. I really thought that I could live up to that promise..”
“Hey ichiri! .” the director spoke now..
“Do you remember that promise?”
“which one?”
“to find the cure of LMD “
“wasn’t that something you said to me?”
“ don’t worry about the finer details. I’m going to dedicate the rest of my life on LMD’s cure …I know it’s too late to ask this but… would yo—  no actually.. let’s do this together!”
“ I refuse.. “
“Huh? Why? Do you have something else that you want to do?”
“To make sure I don’t repeat this mistake.. I’m going to become a comedian..”
The director was shocked.
“What???”
“Kikusui.. geez. That was a joke..”
The director made a confusing face and laughed..
“ you need my help right.. let’s do it.. this is something our Father created.. let’s  end this..”
“Right!”
Haruto spoke up
“Umm.. can I ask something?”
“yes..is it about how our fathers created LMD?”
“Umm not really.. well.. I want to know that too..”
“Ohh ..okay..it’s simple.. LMD was a side effect of what our fathers progressed on. I’m not sure about the details but as they experimented on so many people.. something called memory resonance happened.. so after a decade there came a mysterious disease..that was LMD and the worst part is that LMD is hereditary.. and hence it increased..”
“So I drank the medicine couple of times.. is it possible for me to develop LMD?”
“No no.. you are fine. That medicine is a new one.. so don’t worry..”
“ I see.. one more question then.. dr Ichiri. Why don’t you consider yourself going back to seven years ago.. if you can jump back to then .. then you can further jump back to when you were 10..”
“Ohh!! That’s not a bad idea.. and maybe I should do that..”
“you are kidding..right?”
“Yea .. was my joke that bad?”
The director laughed.
“Anyways jokes aside.. it’s impossible..” ichiri continued..
“even..if I jump back to that time.. I would forget everything the next day and history would repeat again.. and even if I gather the ingredients .. we can’t be able to leap twice one the same day. It causes brain damage..”.
“I see.. one last question.. 7 years ago when you came to save us.. how did Aoi pass away?”
“Well. When I found you..you were already asleep due to the vaccine..Aoi was looking at you .. worried. When I got to know about the boxes…I tried to break it open. But I couldn’t..”

*Flashback*
Ichiri was breaking the box. Aoi stood there watching over Haruto who was still on the ground. Asleep..
“Damn it! It doesn’t open at all”
“I see..”
“Aoi.. how long has it been since you drank the medicine.?”
“It’s been around 30 mins..”
Ichiri thought to himself. ‘that drug is a lethal drug for organ harvesting.. if they don’t take medicine within 20 mins.. they die.. then how’s Aoi….’
He then spoke out..
“Aoi..it’s alright can you walk? We’ll go to the medical ward.”
They came out of the room.
“Dr ichiri.. I’m not going to make it right??”
“That’s…”
“ Hehe everything was right untill yesterday.. it’s so strange.. now I won’t make it..”
“Aoi.. don’t say like that.. the medicinal ward is.. actually.. no.. I won’t lie..”
He paused. He hit the wall aside..
“damn it!!! Why did it end up like this!!! I didn’t hear any of this..  why!! “
“Dr Ichiri ..calm down..”
“Aoi.. is there anything I could do for you??”
“dr Ichiri.. I do have some request.. “
“please let me know .. we are going to the medical ward anyway”
“Im not in pain.. it’s alright.. but when I die.. please give my heart to Haruto..”
Dr Ichiri was astonished.
“That’s! .. okay fine.. I’ll do it..if that’s what you wish for..”
“Also.. that couple who came to adopt a child.. please let—”
“Don’t worry about that. The couple already showed interest in both of you..”
“That’s great.. and finally.. you told Haruto that you could wipe out some memories right? If you can..just wipe all his Memories related to me..”
“.. but aoi why do you wish to do that?”
“I want him to forget everything.. because if he remembers.. I’m sure it will hurt him..”

*End of flashback*

Ichiri continued..
“And so.. that’s how I wiped out your memories.. after that aoi said that she wanted to spend time alone with you.. so I left to gather people for the surgery… by the time I came out. The research building blew up.. it was hard to gather people since there was a rush. And when I came back with a team. Aoi was already in critical condition..she wasn’t in a state to speak.. and she passed away..but I’m sure she spent her last moment lying next to you.. talking to you..”
“Thanks..”
“Yea.. well now I’ll go back to clinic and I’ll get rid of all machine.. that chamber too.. related to time leaping..”
“That’s better..” said Kikusui..
“Haruto.. is that fine for you?”
“Yea of course.. I don’t really have a reason to get back to Monday anyway..”
“Ohh I wasn’t talking about Monday..”
“Huh?”
“.. well it’s nothing..it’s best that you forget..”
“You can’t just not tell me after Saying like that..”
“Well.. I’m saying that Monday wasn’t to first time you drank that medicine.. Haruto..”
“Huh?? Wait .. you are saying that I drank it 7 years ago as well?”

“.. that’s right..”

To be continued…