Chapter 1

The younger omega watched his feet as they kicked back and forth under the water. The ripples that came from the motion distracting his thoughts. His many, many thoughts.

The sky was light blue with only a few clouds. Birds chirped with joy as the weather was perfect. The boy wondered why he felt so down.

A figure watched as the boy sat on the edge of the waterfall, always keeping a close watch on him. He had to now. Just to make sure.

The omega sighed, clearly aware of the Alpha watching him closely. Not that his smell gave it away or anything. The alpha tensed up when the omega turned and made eye contact with him.

"I know you are watching me Lucas. You don't have to hide in the shadows."

Lucas slowly made his way out of the woods towards the omega, knowing he had just been caught.

"How did you know I was here?" Lucas sat down beside the omega, pulling him into his lap.

"Smell...Lulu." Haechan nuzzled into Lucas, feeling better in his hold. Lucas smiled, kissing the top of his head.

"Yeah, sometimes I seem to forget that part." Lucas ran his fingers through the smaller male's hair, loving the soft feeling of his curls. "What were you thinking about Tulip?"

Haechan shrugged, "Nothing important."

Lucas frowned at this. He knew his omega better than anyone. And the past few months had not been the best. He knew Haechan was hurting, he just wasn't showing it.

Haechan noticed the change in Lucas's face, "I'm okay Lucas. You worry too much about me."

"Channie, you know I love you right? More than anything in the world?" Haechan nodded his head quickly at the words. He loved Lucas more than anything. He just wished he could be perfect for him. Sadly he just wasn't.

"Since I love you so much, I worry about you 24/7. It's my job." Lucas picked up the small omega in his arms. "I'm your big strong alpha."

Haechan giggled as Lucas started to carry him back to the pack house. Haechan needed to be reminded to take a nap, but this was after he needed to be reminded to eat. This was Lucas's job for the past few months.

Lucas carried the omega in his arms into the kitchen area of the place they called home. Lucas thought it was time for them to move into their own smaller home, but to still be close to Jungkook and Taehyung. Taehyung would have never allowed them to move far.

The home screamed Haechan, the flowers and the smell of him surrounded every inch. Lucas loved it and wouldn't imagine being anywhere else. Lucas sat Haechan down at the kitchen table, bracing himself for the fight that he knew was going to happen. This always happened.

"Channie, what do you want me to make for dinner?"

Haechan tilted his head at his alpha who was now searching through the cabinets. "Lulu, I can cook you know. I should be the one doing that for you." Haechan got up to assist his mate in the kitchen, but Lucas reached his hand out to stop him. "No Channie, I don't mind doing it."

Haechan started to feel funny. "No Lucas, I will be okay."

Lucas didn't feel like he completely trusted his omega. Not since he wasn't okay a few days ago. "I don't know Haechan. You said that two days ago. And remember what happened."

Haechan started to get angry. He wasn't weak. He knew he could do it. He had to help Lucas. He couldn't be a failure at everything.

Suddenly Haechan felt his head get a little dizzy. He knew he could do it. He needed to shake it off. Lucas looked at the eyes of his baby. Haechan was swaying a bit and his eyes started to gloss over.

Haechan reaches back to grip the counter top tightly, Lucas grabbing his waist in the process. "Channie, you need to sit down. You know you can't stand for this long."

The omega shook his head in disagreement. He didn't want to be weak. Why couldn't he be stronger. Why was his body against him? He couldn't do anything right.

Lucas guided Haechan to the chair, making the boy sit down. Lucas looked into his omegas eyes closely, making sure they started to go back to normal. "Feel better Tulip?"

Haechan sighed, "Yeah, I guess so."

Lucas knew that look. He could also feel the sadness that surrounded the small kitchen. He wished he could take it all away, but he just couldn't. He just couldn't figure out how to fix it.

"Well baby, how about I make Spaghetti?" Haechan shrugged, he wasn't hungry. He was never up for eating. Lucas watched as a single tear fell from his omega's eye. Turning so the younger wouldn't notice the tears starting to fall from his own.

~~~~~~

"But what if he wants blueberry instead of chocolate muffins? I know blueberry used to be his favorite!" Taehyung rushed around his kitchen trying to find the correct ingredients.

Jungkook leaned up against the counter, chewing on a few grapes he popped into his mouth. He watched as his mate hurried around in a panic.

"Petal, I don't think he will care what you bake him as long as you are there and give him a hug." Taehyung stopped and turned to face Jungkook, his eyes flashed a bright blue and then back to normal. "Don't you think I know Jungkook, I birthed him."

The true alpha raised his arms to surrender, "Okay, okay baby. You win!" Jungkook walked slowly to wrap his arms around his mate's waist. "I just think that maybe you are babying him more than he wants you to."

Taehyung tried to shove Jungkook off, clearly not wanting to listen. "Jeon Jungkook, he is my precious baby boy and I will baby him if I god so please."

Taehyung's last words came out a bit shaky. To say the last few months were hard was an understatement. The whole pack felt the pain. The loss.

"Petal, he is stronger than you think. Trust me. He is your son." Jungkook nuzzled into Taehyung's neck, "Yeah, I guess I can't fight you on that one."

The front door flew open, a loud giggling could be heard from the entrance. "Mom! Dad! You guys here?"

Jaehyun walked in the room, holding his omega's hand tightly. The omega was giggling as he held on to a small box. "We wanted to ask what you guys were doing tonight."

Taehyung looked at his son, then to his son's mate. "Taeyong, you look amazing!"

The smaller omega blushed, his head turned towards the floor. "Thank you Luna.." Jaehyun watched as Taehyung continued to stare at his omega. It was starting to freak him out a bit.

"Um, so are you guys free tonight? We want to have everyone over for dinner. We haven't done it in awhile. Having the whole family together."

Jungkook looked at his son with a hard stare. "Son, what is going on? You never invite us over unless there is something you need."

Taehyung slapped his mate's arm, "Shut up and don't question it Wolfie, your son wants you to come spend some time and you are going to ruin it with stupid questions!"

Taehyung smiled at Jaehyun, "Yes we are free and yes we will love to come over!" Taehyung grabbed Taeyong's hand and gave it a squeeze, "And if you need any help Yongie, I will gladly help!" Taeyong smiled, slightly looking in the right direction of Tae, "I appreciate it Luna."

Jaehyun ushered Taeyong towards the door, but Jungkook stopped him. "You need to be careful Jaehyun. I know you know what I mean."

"Taeyong is excited to tell him Father. They are best friends so he should know. I will be careful, but it is better if he knows. It has been a few months."

Jungkook gave his son a glare, "I am trusting you." "What do you think mom will say?"

Jungkook turned to see Taehyung busy working in the kitchen, "He will be happy, but it's not his reaction I'm worried about."