𝐨

we sat on one of the park's benches. my head on his shoulder and his head leaning on mine. it was comfortably silent for a while when he decided to break the ice.

"so you wanna talk about why you're sad last night?"

i shook my head. "no, nyoungie. i dont."

"mmkay, then. where you wanna go? or what do you wanna do today?"

"i don't know, you ass. it's like a few days before summer ends and i'm pretty clouded about college. so, you decide."

"don't worry about it, we'll be just fine, just like the other years. hmm, how about the movies? or amusement park? i feel like we need to forget about college for a while."

"amusement park it is! you better win me a plushie, dork." i said, lifting my head up , chuckling.

"anything for my bestest friend. let's go?" he smiled as he stood up, offering his hand for me to grab.

i'm not sure why but, him calling me bestfriend gave some sort of a pang in my chest. nah, maybe i'm imagining things. that can't be.

i brushed it off and walked with him to the amusement park.

__________________

9:30 pm

jinyoung:
i had fun today, mark. :)

me:
same here, nyoungie.
thank you for the peach plushieeee
i really love it.
it reminds me of you <3

jinyoung:
awww since when did my best friend
become all soft and shit for me HAHAHA
but, you're welcome, mark.

me:
guess who's lucky to have park jinyoung
as his bestfriend?
that's right, i am!

jinyoung:
now, stop being cheesy u hOe
go to sleep
let's go to the ice cream place tmrw
i'm craving ice cream

me:
okaaay, it's the last day of summer
tmrw and yeah let's make the
most out of it, yeah?
good night nyoungieee.

jinyoung:
aight, c u tmrw
night, mark.

seen. 11:45 pm

_________________

mark

i stared at the peach plushie and recalled the events from today

he led me to the park and let me choose where we're gonna go. i felt happy because we don't go there often. and, i actually felt joy radiating from him.

i remember his smile that showed his eye whiskers. have i mentioned that he looks absolutely adorable with it? well, he does.

his laugh whenever he failed to hit the target for the plushie. man, he's so beautiful.

i've always adored my bestfriend and that's just it. i really think i'm very lucky to be his bestfriend and i couldn't ask for more.

but then, why is my heart beating so fast just by recalling moments with him? i mean, it's normal for me to feel that way, right?

suddenly, thoughts of college and us being in separate courses came to my mind. for some reason, i'm so scared of him finding other friends and... forgetting me; just like how my parents did.

flashback

"mom, dad, please don't leave me here!" i cried my heart out to them but to no avail.

"we're sorry mark, but we have to. we can't afford to raise another child anymore. we hope you understand." they said as we drove to my aunt's house.

"but i don't want to live with her! i want to live with you! i promise to be good and work when i can already do so. please don't give me away!" five year old me begged my parents, but they never listened.

"we're here, take care of yourself, mark. your aunt's a good person, she will never let anything happen to you. we love you, come back to us someday, yeah?" my mom smiled as some tears fell from her eyes.

two years passed and i had no more connections with my parents, it's like they forgot i existed.

my aunt meanwhile turned out to be one of the nicest people i've ever met. yes, she tried very hard to fill in the void created by my parents.

as much as i want to feel like it's enough, it never was. there's still that empty hole in my heart.

that was until jinyoung came along. needless to say, he filled that empty hole in my heart. his presence as my bestfriend helped me overcome that bitter past and i am always grateful for that.

ever since, we were inseparable. i always clung onto him, it's like i needed him for me to live properly.

end of flashback

tears started to well up in my eyes as i though about what our lives will turn out the next few months and years.

it's like i'm not ready to face the reality that his world doesn't only involve me. it scares me so much just thinking about someday, he will soon forget me and just be a distant memory to him.

i know that he isn't like that but, we will never know. it still remains one of my greatest fears. it sometimes scares me so much of how i depended on him. ot just goes to show how unstable i am after all these years.

trying to bury these thoughts in my head and with the peach plushie held closely to my chest, i closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

note:
welp it's as sad chap but hi i'm back, as you can see, it's kind of a slow progressing story because i want to show the process of things. i hope you like it!

please vote and comment! thank you so much for reading!