𝐥

2jae centered chapter, sorry i want to give them closure too! markjin are only here for a while :> enjoy!

youngjae

jaebeom and i recently got closer. like A LOT closer. i don't know when or how but fuck it feels nice. he's somehow between a best friend a lover. and i have to admit, i like him a shit ton if you can't tell. he became my tutor for this music theory class that i was taking. i had a hard time studying the subject so he offered to teach me.

the thing is, i'm not even learning anything... i end up staring at him most of the time. fuck i need to pass this subject and all i can think about is kissing jaebeom. i blame his cherry red lips that are always so damn moisturized. 

i am down bad. a small part of me wants to tell him that i like him more than a friend should but i really don't want to ruin this friendship and make him awkward around me. 

jaebeom, you're making me so weak.

we are in the cafeteria, an hour after our after lunch period ended. he and i decided to meet for an extra tutoring session because midterms are getting near.

he sat beside me, a bit close that what wouldn't make my heart skip a beat but i can do this.

he's wearing simple shirt topped with a jacket and some jeans yet he looks so ethereal, i'm gone. i'm dead. i can't do this.

i was literally snapped out of my trance when he snapped his fingers in front of my face

"so, i have been talking for a few minutes now and you're not even listening. what's up, what's bothering you?" he asked me, his tone a bit serious

"huh? oh, i-i'm sorry just a bit preoccupied with stuff. i promise i'll listen now!" i rambled and stuttered oh god, this is embarrassing

thankfully, he brushed it off. our session went on until a girl approached our table and called jaebeom

"oh, chungri, what brings you here?" jaebeom asked, quite surprised

"ah, i just want to remind you about our session tomorrow. also, can it be at around 2 pm instead of the morning?  my mom asked me to accompany her to the market and we won't really be back in the house by our assigned time. you can have dinner there if you want"

jaebeom smiled at her, as if he's amused at her babbling-- it's not even adorable! i'm way cuter.

"sounds good, 2 pm it is then. i'll see you tomorrow." he replied still smiling

the girl chungri just sighed in relief and shrugged before waving goodbye.

i decided to ask him about her "so, who's that, your new girlfriend?"

"no. why, jealous? and why do you even ask, it's not like you're my best friend nor my boyfriend. she's just my project partner, to answer your question" he replied teasingly, but with a hint of seriousness

his whole response caught me off guard. even if they're not dating, fuck that hit me hard. and i actually thought he considered me as his best friend, let alone thought i had a chance with him. it's hopeless, it's one of those one sided shit that i said i'll never have.