𝐡

jinyoung

when did mark look this cute? damn it, i can't even stop blushing everytime i catch him staring at me. sooyeon momentarily left my mind. i even forgot to text her earlier.

we're in the park bench, him lying on my lap and taking a nap like old times. while he was sleeping, i can't help but look back at what we did earlier.

flashback

we were eating ice cream and did i mention cookie dough flavor tastes so good, i was lost in my own ice cream world when i notice mark staring at me intently. i suddenly became conscious.

"i-is there something on my face, mark?"
"yeah, beauty" he muttered loud enough for me to hear
"what?" i said, just in case i heard him wrong and prayed that my red cheeks weren't visible.
"i know you heard me, you're blushing. aww is jinyoungie shy?"
"no.. i mean.. hey stop trying to flirt with me."

he stared at me intently for a while. shit, did i say something wrong?
"i-it's not like-"
"—is it working, jinyoung-ah?"
"w-what's working?" i tried to look away so that the blush in my face would hopefully go away. goddammit why is he like this?

again he stared at me, this time with an amused smile
"me, flirting with you. it seems like it's working"

i hit him slightly on the arm and laughed. because as much as i am afraid to admit it, it was working. i found myself thinking about him until we went to the park.

park jinyoung, what exactly are you getting yourself into?

end of flashback

mark was still sleeping on my lap. i took the chance to observe his features.

his small face.
his red lips, parted as if inviting my own.
his long eyelashes.
his pointy nose.
mark is so pretty, why haven't i noticed how beautiful he is before?
he's so ethereal it hurts.

shit jinyoung, what are you thinking? he's your best friend, stop checking him out! besides, you have a girlfriend, this is wrong.

no. no. jinyoung you have to stop.

but he knows deep down inside that he doesn't ever want to.

but he won't admit it will he?

mark

"jinyoung? why the fuck is your face so close, are you perhaps watching me sleep?" i don't know where all this confidence came from. but seeing jinyoung blush and get all shy with me is a dream come true.

"h-huh? no, of course not! that sounds so creepy, i'm not a creep" he said a bit of annoyance in his voice and rolled his eyes.

"anyway, it's getting late now, let's walk home?"

"uh yeah, about that. i won't be going home yet. i have somewhere else to be." he said, not looking at me.

"oh, cool. where though? can i come with you?"

"i don't think you can mark, sorry. i'm actually going on a late night date with sooyeon."

of course mark silly, he has a girlfriend. he's not yours... yet. but i can't deny the pang of jealousy that hit my chest. god damn it why can't he be fully mine just for one day.

"oh. okay nyoung. i'll text you later, i guess. enjoy the date." i waved goodbye and started to walk home alone.

suddenly a voice called out to me
"mark! wait up!"

i looked back and saw a familiar face.
"jackson? what are you doing here?"

"oh i came from fencing practice. i happened to see you so i thought i can walk you home?"

"sure, i didn't know you live nearby?"

"well, now you do. if by any chance you want to walk home together, we can always do, yeah?"

"yeah thanks jacks. so, how did your day go?" i asked, trying to keep a conversation with him.

he started talking about his day, his fencing practice, how jaebeom was so whipped for youngjae (oh maybe i can tell youngjae this bit)

as he was telling me about his day,
i started to look back at those times wherein jinyoung would walk me home, talk about random stuff, tell me about his day. i realized i took it all for granted. i failed to value every moment i had with him because i was so confident that he will never change.

but change is inevitable, isn't it? and it hits us the moment that we least expect it.

all i can do now is hope that he isn't in too deep with sooyeon. and that i still have the chance to tell him how i feel. i know all too well that he doesn't feel the same but i can try right?

it felt like hours before we reached my house. and when we finally did, i gave jackson a hug. i just felt grateful that i had someone to be with after jinyoung leaving me. it made me feel less alone than i already am

"thanks for walking me home jacks, go home safely, yeah?" i said still not breaking the hug.

"mhm will do, mark. we should walk together more often. like what i said, just come to me when you need someone to walk you home or you need someone to cheer you up." he said, and i felt him smile in the hug.

"bye, stay safe."

"yeah, bye. rest well, mark"

for the first time since earlier that day, i felt comfort.

little did he know, a certain raven haired boy saw everything. and man, he doesn't look amused for reasons he himself don't know.

jinyoung

shit is this normal? i mean i did say i was going on a date right? he didn't know that sooyeon cancelled the last minute and he has all the right to accept the offer of a walk home. but why the hell am i annoyed by the sight of them hugging?

or by merely the thought of them walking together? maybe i am just so used to seeing mark with myself all the time. there's that familiar pang in my chest.

jealousy, we've met again. i don't know why. maybe because he's trying to steal mark?

but why am i jealous anyways? mark's not even mine to begin with. i'm just his bestfriend. nothing more. i even have a girlfriend of my own.

jinyoung, you have to figure this out what this is. you're in deep shit. you got it bad.

note:
hi! another update. maybe i'll write more in this style? i hope you like it! i personally like the chapter. turns out mark isn't the only jealous one here. jackson will be clingy to mark for a while but don't worry we'll get our markjin from time to time :>

also, if i create a oneshot book, what ship aside fron markjin of course, should i include in it? any requests? i'll try to make one this week.

anyway, thanks for reading! stay safe <3

[not proofread]