,

mark

12:05 pm

"guess who" a familiar voice said while i felt a pair of hands covering my eyes.

he didn't ditch. i smiled as i removed the hands, i can smell his vanilla scent and i knew it was him.

"nyoungie!" i said as i pulled him into a hug.
i saw his friends. and damn, they sure look intimidating but fine as hell.

"ah yes, this is jaebeom" pointing to the one with two moles above his eye
"nice to finally meet you, mark. he told us about you." he smiled

he told them about me? that's nice of him.

"and this, is jackson." jinyoung said, pointing to the shorter one with brownish hair

i didn't even have to introduce my friends because they took the initiative to do so.

"hi i'm youngjae, choi youngjae." youngjae said, flashing his sunshine smile.

"waddup i'm bambam. nice to meet you all, especially you, jinyoung." he smiled shyly.

i can tell that his and my friends are getting along pretty well. i'm happy about it.

i felt genuinely happy for the first time in a while.

_______________________

12:40 pm

we were talking about random things when i felt that jinyoung wasn't paying any attention to the conversation. he was too engrossed in his phone. i nudged him to get his attention and asked if he's okay.

"mark, i-i have to go. i still have to do something. it was nice meeting your friends." he said in a hurry while grabbing his bag and throwing his finished lunch.

he didn't give me time to respond as he was already walking away. "oh, o-okay" i said in defeat. at least i got to see him today, right?

"as far as we know, he's pretty free today. we have nothing to do, right, seun-ah?" jaebeom said, slightly confused by jinyoung's actions.

"it's pretty obvious that sooyeon asked him to eat with her, you know? just like yesterday or the other week, i think. i thought we'll meet you guys that day but i guess he suddenly forgot when sooyeon asked him to sit with her." jackson said

oh, that's why he forgot. i can't help but feel.. sad? or hurt? or jealous?

"sooyeon? who's that?" bambam asked them

"she's that pretty girl in class that jinyoung's been eyeing since the first week. most of the guys in our department are dying to date her"

why is my heart hurting? i knew this was coming but why am i sad?

"oh, and how come you guys aren't?" youngjae asked quizzically

"well, let's just say that i'd rather be with a cutie like you and jackson has someone else in mind." jaebeom said, winking at youngjae

we all laughed as youngjae blushed furiously. that was the last thing i knew before i stared into space, consumed by my own thoughts.

so, sooyeon, huh? i guess you're starting to like someone else.
i mean, why would i be bothered? why would i get possessive of someone that isn't even mine in the first place?