two "not your hyung anymore "

JEONS RESIDENCE | VIENNA, ITALY 2006

Ggukie! Wh–what if get caught ?” the little brunette asked, panting from the sprint the young boys just ran, heading to the backyard of the mansion.

The said 'Ggukie' intertwined their fingers together, finding a hiding spot between the numerous bushes.

“We will never, don't worry hyung.” the ravenette whispered back, giggling. He pulled the older with him, crouching down.

Taehyung blushed, giggling too. “What did you want to show me any way? ” he asked, pressing his frail knees to his chest.

“I-I wanted to tell y-you something...”

“Like a secret ?” the brunette whispered, like the mere mention of the word secret itself was one.

“yes y-yes !” he whispered back excitedly.

“tell me then! ”

So I heard daddy talking about his work a-and stuff. A-and he said I will get a lot of money when I'll be older... ”he muttered

O-oh...” his does eyes shining prettily.

“Y-yes... So uhm I was wondering i-if you wanted t-to work with me...” he asked while fidgeting with his fingers.

O-f course Ggukie!” He gasped softly.

“I'll do anything for you !” was the last sentence heard from one of the multiples  screens of the CCTV room.

Two men standing in the middle of the dark room.

“Anything for him uh...” one of them muttered to himself, while lightly scratching his chin.

BACK TO PRESENT, 2020

“Hoseok,” The man in front of Taehyung called.

“Can you and Mrs Peterson please leave us alone ?” He said, more like a statement, his gaze never leaving the blonde's dazed one.

Looking at the so-called Hoseok, we could have seen an expression of frustration and perplexity. He noneless nodded while sharply exhaling before heading for the door, leading the governess with him.

The ravenette looked at the door closing behind his friend before sighing, a sad, faint smile creeping to his lips.

“You're blonde now... ” He mumbled, looking at the perfectly styled strands of the older. His fingers hesitantly reaching to touch his silky hair.

He searched for Taehyung's gaze, his eyes almost watering. He seemed absent. His eyes were as cold as the weather outside. The once always present glint of innocence was dead, like there never has been any.

The natural cherry blush, the permanent shy smile and fluttering eyelashes were gone.

It wasn't the Taehyung he had grown with. It was another person. A complete stranger.

He pulled away, leaving the blonde standing alone and leaned on his desk.

“How have you been ?” he asked.

Taehyung was lost, he felt sick. He felt like his heart and his guts were doing loops. He wanted to threw up.

How have I been? I've been dead.

His gaze slowly shifted to the younger, who had that same small smile on his lips. Those lips.

They were the very last thing I tasted before leaving.

“ How have you been ?” he questioned back, to which the ravenette simply shook his head, smiling, still.

“I've been pretty good. ” He replied, like he was stating a fact.

I wish I could say the same.

“I grew up, as you can see, ” he continued, chuckling a little. “Taller than you... And without you... ” He muttered.

Taehyung's heart almost stopped beating at the way guilt was pressing the life out of it. He swallowed the knot in his throat harshly, lacing his trembling fingers in front of him.

“Congratulations, then. ” He tried joking, but it came out so sadly that the both fell in a deep silence, with Taehyung looking everywhere but the other male.

“you're beautiful. ” He said to Taehyung, whose brows slightly furrowed, his gaze silently questioning the other.

“How have you been, Taehyung? ” he asked again, standing up.

“Jeongguk–”

“Where have you been ?” he asked, walking towards Taehyung.

“Jeong–”

“Where were you, hyung?

Taehyung snapped “I'm not your hyung anymore, Jeongguk. ” he said, his throat hurting, his eyes and nerves fighting back unshed tears.

His honey clear eyes were piercing into Jeongguk's dark ones, who stared at him, astonished.

What would be the use of calling me hyung, when you'll be the dictating rules now ?

“Ouch, it hurts ! ” Jeongguk joked, clutching his chest and squinting his eyes a little, simulating pain.

I know it does.

Thought, Taehyung just stared at him before his gaze snapped to the door's room. His right hand went to clutch his katana, before seconds later a knock was heard. A maid made her entrance, bowing at the two. A sigh of relief, passed through Taehyung's lips, as he loosened his grip around his weapon.

“Master JEON, the ceremony will be beginning in thirty minutes. For now, your mother is asking for you. ”

Both of you.” She finished, heading out again.

Δ
Slightly short I know, but it'll get better I promise.

I listened to Animal by Troy Sivan while writing this and I cried.

Oh and I should remind you that this is a SAD AGNST story.