Chapter 5

Elli Goulding- Love Me Like You Do

Blood Bank - Bon Iver

James Morrison- You Make It Real

Coldplay- Shiver\

I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift

Demons- Imagine Dragons

There are so many mistakes to be made in life and he made them all. Every ounce of respect he held for her seemed to dissapear in the confusion of his mind. He loved her and cherished her more than his own breath, but he failed and failed and failed to show it. He toyed with her, played immature games and didn't show her his truth. This truth that he had hidden away, locked away tightly and guarded by his upbringing, by the fact that he coudn't remember the number of times he was hugged and cherished as a child. He wasn't trying to make excuses, he was only used to doing so. He always blamed everyone else, never took credit for what he did or said, it was easier that way. But now, he has learned his lesson.

"Dare." I roll my eyes at the childish game. Like anyone thought I would choose otherwise.

I stare at Tessa, watching Mother Theresa fumble with coming up with a good dare. "I.. hmm. I dare you to .." She stutters.

"To what?" I push her to hurry along with this shit.

The blond still sits in silence, looking around the group in a dramatic panic. It's only a party game but I can tell she's an overachiever, even when it comes to something this stupid.

"Take your shirt off and keep it off the entire game." Molly speaks for Tessa. Tessa's cheeks flush.

"How juvenile," I lift my black t-shirt up over my head and catch Tessa's eyes on my body. She's staring, hard, so hard that she doesn't even notice me catching her. Steph nudges her with her elbow and the girl looks away, cheeks red and eyes downcast.

The game continues and I sit here half dressed and watch Tessa try and keep her eyes off of me. I can't read her, I can't tell if she's disgusted by my tattoos or intrigued by them.

Interesting.

"Tessa, truth or dare?" Tristan asks her.

"Why even ask? We know she'll say truth." I lean back on my palms. Why even ask her, when it's obvious what her choice will be?

"Dare." The stubborn girl surprises me with a challenge.

"Hmm.. Tessa, I dare you to.. take a shot of vodka." Tristan smiles.

"I don't drink." She sticks her chin out in refusal.

I figured as much, but I'm pleased by this revelation. Everyone around this place can't wait for their next high, it's refreshing to have someone who doesn't want that.

"That's the point." Tristan counters.

"Look, if you don't want to do it.." Nate starts to tell her.

"She's such a pussy." Molly says into my ear.

Pussy? Because she doesn't want to drink?

"Fine, one shot" She caves. Little miss, "I don't drink, ever." Caved so easily.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Not sure why, but I thought there was something different about her, I thought she wasn't like the rest of us.

I was wrong, obviously.

"Same dare." Zed says to her and takes a large swig before handing the bottle of vodka over. I'm annoyed by them drinking from the same bottle, but it's disgusting really.