1: Meetings and Schemings

I guess it all began because of my scar. You know, the one that ran from my left shoulder to my right hip?

   Well, it seemed that Kid didn't like the fact that it wasn't symmetrical. At least, that's what he'd been telling me since I got the stitches taken out.

   And to be honest, the only thing that still hurt was the memory... But that'll be told another day...

   One day, I needed to go to Kid to discuss our next mission we'd been assigned.

   I knocked on his door and stepped back to shuffle through some of the papers I brought with me.   When I heard the door open, and a gruff "Whadaya want?", I started and looked up.

   Kid was standing in the entrance with nothing on but a pair of low-hanging sweatpants and some slippers.

   I cleared my throat and hurriedly explained, "I just wanted to stop by to make sure we were on the same page for our next co-assignment. Though Maka was a bit too sick to come with me, she made me swear to report everything back when I return." I forced myself to look at his face. "Could I come in?" I finished.

   He stared blankly at me for a while before he shrugged, mumbled "Might as well," and turned to shuffle back inside. I followed him in and glanced around in awe; everything was perfectly symmetrical, even the fruit in the bowl on the kitchen counter was in immaculate order.

   "So where're Liz and Patty?" I asked absentmindedly.

   "Out," Kid grumbled.

   I paused and studied him a little more closely.

   "I... I didn't wake you, did I?" I ventured warily.

   "Not at all," he yawned. "I'm just traipsing around in little more than boxers with only a half hour's rest as I usually do."

   "Sorry," I mumbled as I winced.

 Kid sighed before he walked into the living room and flopped down unceremoniously in the exact center of a recliner. "What did you say you wanted?"

   I gulped. "I just wanted to be certain we all understood what we needed to do for our assignment"

   He glanced up at me through his mussed, black locks. "And that's... All?" He inquired.

   I nodded, missing the strange glint in his eye.

   "Well, why don't you stay for lunch?" He offered. "I'm sure you could eat just a bit, right?" My stomach chose that moment to make its ferocious voice heard, making us both chuckle.

   "I guess that settles it." He rose, and I followed him back to the kitchen.