25. Rivalry

Surprisingly, Most of the chunins who was just recently been recruited from the last exam were already at the gates. Himawari along with her team 8 were having their small little talks around in one corner near the gate.

Once they've arrived, all eyes are fixed upon the Uchiha beauty. Boruto's flex into a stern face and glaring at the people glancing at her.

She only shakes her head out of his funny actions, she didn't blame him. I mean when she's a beauty she'll be the center of attraction right?

"Why do you always get their attention?" He whines

"It's not my fault if they're looking, and for your information, I didn't wish for this to happen either. Let them be,"

"You're too soft!"

"If I wasn't soft you wouldn't be holding me now! I would directly punch you on the face until you collapse!"

That was surprisingly harsh, a shiver creeps to his spine. He was just giving an attitude because he doesn't like what's going on but he guesses that Sarada gave him her attitude

He awkwardly smiled at her, "you don't need to be so grating, I was just only complaining about them, not you?!"

He tried pleading for an excuse, but Sarada's eyes never left the gate nor even glance at him once.

She never said a word against his own until they reach one's destination which specifically near the main gate.

Boruto let go of her when she was called for by Mitsuki and Denki, along with Shikadai. Discussing the about the location of the first batch of guards, technically since the Hokage appointed them to be in charge of the guarding pace for the second chunin exam. Best to leave it to Denki who can locate everything.

Boruto was impatiently tapping his right foot, looking eagerly at the gates.

"You know, being impatient can lead you to some unanticipated outcomes, you know it was merely just a misunderstanding yet you'll take it seriously. But... try behaving in front of the Mizukage's successor, or if you want... you'll get a silent treatment for another 3 months?!" Chocho suggested two options

"What?" It was an intense confusion for that

"Do you remember what you did 8 months ago? Wasn't that the most terrifying thing that you don't wanna go through again right?"

He looks stunned but completely looking his eyes into chocho's brown ones. The chubby girl heave a deep sigh

"As your friend and supporter here, don't make things that you'll awfully regret in the end. I still wanna see that lovey-dovey you frequently do with her every day!"

"But what if he flirts with her?" He insisted, "what if he tries stealing her?"

"Then would you think that the love she felt for you for like 6 years will be swiped off? Come on, you just need to trust, besides as they always say; no man had ever won their charm against you! Be confident and cheer up! You're too insecure, I was thinking that maybe you got Sarada's trait for a moment!"

He was deep in thought. Wondering how to face such a situation if that happens, will he calm down? He won't but he needs to! Just like Chocho had reminded him, he doesn't want to get a silent treatment because of his fractious acts upon his misunderstandings that he argues just within him.

Deep in thought, he never notices that everyone was looking at the people figure nearing the village.

"Better to prepare yourself or brace the consequences!" Chocho left him standing there alone

Before he knew it, Sarada was walking towards his direction. He was staring out of nowhere. Notwithstanding the factor that Kagura was once or still her admirer, give him a deep problem to keep his matters away from the present.

"Hey?!"

He looks up to her with an astound look on his face. Clearly, he didn't see her coming.

"Hey," he replied while blinking a few times

She looks at him with furrowed eyebrows, "anything bothering you? You're absent-minded, is there a problem?"

"None!" He firmly denied

She trusted his words "okay, get yourself ready, cause here they come." She faces the gate with a wide smile

All the genins who will be taking or retaking the exam from different villages arrived at the gates. Shinki was still with his gang Yodo and Araya. Others with their own head have come together. Of course, Kagura along with the two three-man teams that he was with was just near the others.

Sarada look at Boruto and offered her arms, "Shall we?"

He gladly smiled and went to accept the offer. They walk together, hand in hand. Their hands were covered by her long crimson sleeves, so it's hard to tell from afar if they were interacted by physical.

The time has come to look his rival from eye to eye. Kagura looks normal, as in his usual facial expression. Boruto was forcing himself not to glare.

"You're not going to cause a ruckus like you did last time, are you?" Sarada spoke without looking at him, still walking fort towards ahead

He looks at her side face, "I won't... I won't, promise." He guaranteed

"Hmm. Try to do some converse with him, I don't wanna see anything wrong while you being around him. You still didn't apologize about beating the shit to him."

"Why would I apologize?"

"That's the strict order from the Hokage himself."

"And did you think that I'll follow my dad's orders?"

She looks back at him with a pleading look, "If I was asking you the same thing too... would you do it for me?"

It was rare for her to plead, thou he could tell it was a satisfying fact that he can't hide. But this time, she was pleading for Kagura. No, she's pleading for his sake. Or is that right?

She was tightening her grip, hinting that she was waiting for a direct answer

"Please?" She whispered

He tightens his grip too, smiling at that beauty he was looking at.

"For you, I'll always promise."