32. Last day of exam

A/N: I'll be skipping a few parts of the story because it's too long to be in detailed and I'm not good at action stories so please, pardon me😅

Everything seems quite well during these past few days, partly because they were rushing to end the exam before the first day of the Christmas month.

The final face off ended that day and everyone set off to their inns and respected houses and apartments to take a rest, except for those who were assigned to take patrol at night.

The five kages went to the head quarters to discuss the case of the chosen genin to be entitled chunins after the announcement is settled.

Team 5, 10 and 7 lastly exited the stadium. Metal was discussing how that one genin from the hidden mist surprisingly made his mouth fell open on that tactical plan he did to bring down his opponent. Iwabe was getting bored at Metal's voice and their teammate Denki had his eyes set to his device.

The Ino-shika-cho were walking coolly behind team 5, Chocho was still munching as always, trying her new chips she bought before the first match begin earlier. Shikadai has his hands at the back at his head while Inojin was awkwardly watching Metal discussing.

Lastly, team 7 who was just cooling off without saying anything and listen to the nonsense topic uttered in their surroundings. Sarada and Boruto wasn't far nor close, they weren't holding hands or so. Walking like it was before, it wasn't a problem actually since they also need space sometimes.

Mitsuki on the other hand, saw that tall figure near a tree. He was leaning his bare back at that tree trunk while crossing his arms. He looks like he's been waiting for someone.

"Looks like we've got company." That deep sweet voice of that pale snake boy spoke beside the Uchiha

The love birds took their head to turn to where Mitsuki was referring. Kagura was indeed leaning on the tree while patiently waiting for someone.

As soon as he saw Sarada he smiled, hinting that he was waiting for her. Boruto frown at him took her hands.

"He ain't getting near you while I'm here!" He whispered but Shikadai heard him clearly

Kagura straighten himself and prepare. He walk towards where the Uchiha heiress was standing, Boruto move over a little to make him infront of her.

"Please, I mean no harm. I just want to talk with Sarada-chan." Kagura's honest voice felt like Boruto was the bad guy here

"Boruto?" Sarada spoke behind him

"Boruto!" That stern voice called from a different direction

Everyone took a turn of their heads to identify the caller. Shinki who was standing alone just a few feets ahead of them. As the usual, his iron sand covered his whole body but his face seems to be enough to call him a good looking person, but you might as weel doubt about his attitude.

"I need to have a word with you." Shinki added

Perfect timing! It was exactly a critical sitaution that Kagura was trying to talk to her and initially private?! And Shinki here wanted to have a word with me and even on this scene?!

"It's urgent and I don't want to repeat it!" That sand controller warn

"Can't you at least let me settle a situation first?"

Sarada poke his back with her available hand, "Just go, I'll have a little word with him. I'll be fine!" She assured

"But-" just as he was about reason his way, he was grab by a black sand. Wrapping around his body so he couldn't make a move.

"SHINKI! WHAT THE HELL?!"

He was carried to Shinki's side with that irritable face, struggling to get out from that tight grip.

His friends didn't budge to take action and save him, they can't be imprudent and likely end up in a bad state cause it's the Kazekage's son?! Who would want to go against him, right?

Shinki face him closely, "I said it's urgent.." he walk away while dragging Boruto by his sand

That blonde boy keep struggling and yelling 'let me go, you bastard!' But Shinki turn deaf to his words and let him mock him in every curse he would partly mention

The gang was now looking at Kagura and waiting for Sarada to reply. She turn to face her friends with her best smile.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up with you later!"

They all hesitate for a moment but Shikadai went out first and most of them followed except for Chocho.

She stared at the Uchiha with such stiff face, "I'll wait at-"

"Head quarters." Sarada added, interrupting her speech

The chubby girl nods and went away and followed the others. Kagura didn't take his eyes off her and was thrilled when she look at him after her friend went off.

"Is there any matter than request my presence?" Her first question to him

"I-uhm... sorry, I need to tell you."

"Huh?"

"Sorry, let me rephrase that. I just wanna admit something before I depart tomorrow... this will br somehow our last conversation in a few months or years in time... can we... talk somewhere private?"

She didn't know what Kagura meant that he was going to admit something and practically she didn't have a clue nor any hints that might have told her anything.

From seeing how serious he was she was convince that he was getting this topic in more intensely  mattered situation. Kagura isn't the person who always joke his way around.

By telling her that this will be their last conversation, is he saying that he might have to cut ties with her for a few months to years or so? But if it is, then what was his reason by doing so? Did she really did a great impact that he was force not to contact her anymore? Or was he so hurt that he need time to move on?

She doesn't hesitate to talk to him, she smiled brightly as the usual then said "take the lead, Kagura-san!"