Chapter Nineteen

(AVENGERS END GAME/ SEASON 6 FLASH/ SEASON 4 RIVERDALE SPOILERS)

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Harry Hart "Galahad" From Kingsman: The Secret Service
________________________________________________________________

~Catching Up~

I laughed at something stupid Ben said at the table. We were currently seated in the corner booth at Whataburger. Everyone insisted we met somewhere to catch up and so Hannah and I adamantly suggested Whataburger. No one obliged. My head was leaned on Jessie's shoulder and our hands clasped together. We were becoming quite the inseparable couple lately. "Serious question. How heart breaking was it that Tony Stark and Natasha died?" Ben asked, sucking Dr. Pepper through his orange straw. Emily rolled her eyes at his question but answered, "I was never really a fan of his 'I'm Mr. Ego' mood, but Peter broke me." We nodded in agreement as Ben carried on in his mind cluttered with Marvel. "Next question. Which film are you most excited for Black Widow or Wonder Woman 2?" This struck everyone's attention.
"Black Widow! She's incredible and I've been waiting to know how her and Clint met," Will commented, stealing one of Xavier's fries. Hannah agreed, "I'm just waiting for the action of it all. I was just a bit thrown off how she has a sister who doesn't even share the same accent." Luke spoke up, "although the latter was true, I strongly disagree on the movie choice. Pro-Wonder Woman all the way, I'm wanting to know how they brought Steve back and how the heck is he going to cope with the world changed." "It's Steve Rogers all over again... expect less cool," Xavier added. I chose to intervene, "they're both going to be pretty wicked movies, but I'm looking forward to Spider-Man 3 Tom Holland version."
All the girls agreed instantly. "Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man," Samantha beamed. "I still liked Andrew," Will said back in a flat tone. "He was great, but like everyone in that film looked way older than high schoolers. Plus Tom's good at portraying the innocent high schooler," Ben shot back. "I can cope with that," Will mumbled begrudgingly. I laughed at that. He was still set on Andrew being the best Spider-Man. Ben took a look at Will and sighed, "I will admit though, Andrew got the best suits. They were freaking detailed." Xavier piped in, "speaking of suit glow-ups. How disappointed was everyone at The Flash's season 6 suit? It was way too bright in my opinion. I just loved the season 1 to season 2 suit choices." Everyone agreed on that. I was in total dismay at the suit, but I still loved Barry Allen.
"My God you guys I DIED when Grant Gustin's Flash met Ezra's Flash! That was the best thing I think I've ever witnessed series VS movie crossover," Samantha squealed. It was truly one of the greatest moments in CW history. Ben, suddenly, threw down a fry, "did you watch Riverdale?" I frowned, I never had a chance to start it. His face fell at my furrowed brow, "you didn't?" I solemnly shook my head. Jessie sighed in disappointment, "that's a shame Kiley, it is probably the best Netflix series- Flash aside- that I've ever watched." Nathan spoke for the first time since we arrived, "even I can agree to that, Tyler." "Isn't that about vampires and werewolves?" I asked. I was met with instant scowls.
"No! What the heck is wrong with you? It's basically about a murder- no supernatural beings involved, although season 3 is questionable," Ben replies. "I love Barry and Iris, Peter and Tony, and Steve and Diana, but I love Jug and Betty," Luke smirked, thinking about the characters. Xavier narrowed his eyes at him, "God, you're such a softy." He shrugged, not bothering to deny anything. "Jug and Betty? What kind of names are those?" I questioned, my face turning down in a bitter expression. Emily scoffed, "it's like with the Outsiders. Their names are Ponyboy and Soda Pop and it's weird at first, but after a bit into the movie it becomes normal. That's how it is with Jug and Betty." I nodded, understanding her completely.
"Any other movies anyone is dying to start a war about?" Xavier asked, letting the question float in the air. Nathan chimed in, "Kingsman." Jessie busted out laughed, "that is a great movie. Beats any spy movie I've ever watched. Gotta love Egsy and Harry though, they made my life complete." No one had watched it. "A possible trilogy has been floating up in the air for some time now. They plan on releasing the third movie in 2021 or 2022 and later doing a spin off of Statesman with Tequilla and all them," Nathan informed, making Jessie jitter excitedly in the booth. "Praise Jesus, I freaking love that movie. No other show does fighting scenes like the Kingsman." Nathan nodded in agreement, "Manners maketh men." Jessie chuckled looking over at me, "do you know what the means?" I stayed silent looking at him like he was crazy. "Then let me teach you a lesson," Nathan said nonchalantly. "It's golden," Jessie released a hearty laugh.
Ben waved his hands about, "okay, okay, now that you two have had your fun. One last question. Out of the movies The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, and Percy Jackson which movie do you love the most, which movie would you live in, and which character would you want a scene with?" This was by far his most thoughtful question. It was an easy one for me though. "No one can go wrong with Percy Jackson, I would want to live in Harry Potter by far, and have a scene with Newt in Maze Runner. He made my heart melt," I said, proud of my choices. After everyone answered I found that we all had different taste.
Ben rather live in Maze Runner, he loves Harry Potter, and would want a scene with Grover from Percy Jackson. Emily wanted the exact opposite. She loved Percy Jackson, wanted to live in Harry Potter, and would have a scene with Thomas from Maze Runner. Xavier liked Harry Potter more, he would live in the Glacier part of Maze Runner, and would want a scene with Percy Jackson using his magical pen in some way. Luke was beyond crazy. He wanted to live in The Scorch of Maze Runner, he liked Percy Jackson the best, and wanted a scene with Voldemort in Harry Potter. Jessie loved Maze Runner the most, he wanted to live in Percy Jackson, and have a scene with Harry Potter when he rode a broom for the first time. Samantha loved Harry Potter, she wanted to live in Percy Jackson, and wanted to have a scene with Gally so she could punch him in the face after Thomas did. Nathan enjoyed Percy Jackson the most, he wanted to live in Harry Potter to experience all the magic of Hogwarts, and have a scene with Thomas to tell him he could of cured Newt.
After our very mature argument over The Maze Runner being similar to The Hunger Games, we parted ways and I went to make sure Jack and Promise's plane was still on coarse.

A/N: They're such a weird friend group. Always a movie to chat about... one more chapter left... y'all ready for it?