Chapter 1 | Pairing.

It's 7 am and my alarm goes off so that I can wake up and get ready for school. "Ughhh." I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom. When I look in the mirror, my hair is very frizzy. I pull it into a ponytail, then proceed to brush my teeth, do my skin care routine, and fix my hair. When I get out of the bathroom, I go to my phone. "Hey Siri, what's the weather like today?" I ask my phone. "𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 60 𝘥𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘵" One of the reasons I love living in NYC is the weather, especially during fall.  Watching the leaves change to the beautiful colors of autumn. It's almost like the browns, yellows, and oranges from the leaves fill me with serenity. Watching as they flow with the wind gives me a sense of being free spirited and untamed. I also love wearing sweaters and jackets. With that, I walk over to my creme colored dresser and pull out clothes for me to wear for the day. I put on my black jeans and black crop top. I add a belt and two necklaces as accessories. I also put on my plaid puffy jacket and head out of my room and to the kitchen.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Rey said. Rey is my roommate and one of my best friends. I met her in middle school after she transferred from somewhere far, far away. When we met, it was like the stars aligned. The two of us hit it off instantly and we were friends ever since. I trust Rey with my life and and the same goes with her. She is also one of the best people to go clubbing with, along with Finn, Poe, and Rose. I also met Finn, Poe, and Rose in middle school. The five of us have been inseparable for years now. We all have a passion for photography and the arts. Finn and Poe are the cutest couple I know, and I can tell that Rey and Rose have crushes on each other, but choose to not do anything about it. One of these days I'm going to make it my mission to get them together.

"Morning." I said. I go to sit on the bar stool that is at the kitchen counter. Rose (my other roommate) hands Rey and I coffee. The three of us converse for ten minutes, then head out of the apartment. The amazing thing about our apartment is that it is not too far from school. Rey, Rose, and I take the five minute walk everyday. Unless the weather is bad, then we take an Uber. When we make it to the college we head to our teacher's room. When we arrive we see Finn and Poe waving over at us to sit in the seats they saved. "I love the jacket, Y/n." Poe says. He has a thing for fashion like me, so him and I have the best style in the group. Going on fashion sprees with him is some of the best experiences of my life. "Thanks Poe, it's from one of the little shops that I found in Brooklyn." I say. "I have to check out these shops that you find, you are always coming here with the best clothes." Poe says. "Alright everybody, enough of the talking, let's begin." Our teacher, Ms. Kanata states.

After about two hours of learning, class was over. Before dismissing the class, Ms. Kanata talks about a new photography project where you and another person would mix styles together in photos taken by you. Unfortunately, she would be the one choosing the person you do the project with. "Rey and Rose, you two will be partners." She states. "Finn and Poe, you two will be partners." At least my friends would be with each other. I stop listening to her speak until she says my name. "Y/n and Kylo, you two will be partners." Out of all people I get Kylo Ren. I can't tell if this is a blessing or a punishment. The mysterious Kylo Ren. Tall, dark, and handsome. He is very reserved, but also cocky. All the girls in class practically moan out his name when he walks by them. He doesn't talk much to anyone except Armitage and Phasma. That was his "click". Those three were always weird and not the social types. They were very secretive and only talk to each other. Although they seem  nice, they look very intimidating.

In an attempt to be friendly, I walk over to him once Ms. Kanata stopped speaking. "Hey, just wanted to know the best way to contact you so that we can start this project. Also, I want to possibly get this project done early. So, do you have any plans for tonight?" I say. When he turns around, I catch his scent in my nose. Pine wood with a hint of mint. He looks me up and down, almost like he was checking me out, and says "I'm busy tonight, but I can give you my phone number." "That would be great." I say. We write our phone numbers on slips of paper and both walk back to our friend groups. When I look at the paper it had his number and a note. "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 ;)" Did he just compliment me? I put the note in my bag after I feel my face become red. Maybe he won't be so bad to work with after all.

𝗔𝗡: 𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀, 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿! 𝗜'𝗺 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗲𝘀. 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝗜 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗶𝘅 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺. 𝗠𝘆 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗲𝘅𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲. 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴.

𝗠𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮🦋