0.5 | clouds

jaemin and i started to meet everyday to talk at the park.

we sat on the bench and talked about the random things that popped up in our minds.

the good thing about being with jaemin was that he wasn't awkward. he was exceptionally good with words and looked at me with such caring eyes that i felt important. 

wanted.

loved.

we were brainstorming ideas for a project we were assigned together for when jaemin looked up at the setting sky wistfully.

"what is it jaemin?" i asked softly, scrawling my pen against the paper. "is itkind of weird that sometimes i want to sit on a cloud?" he asked, staring at the pink cotton-candy clouds that floated mindlessly across the earth's canvas.

"i used to think about that too, but i realized that all the tv shows i watched  lied to me," i sighed. "science proved me wrong and i realized that you can't actually sit on them."

jaemin nodded, but his eyes were still fixated on the woven bunches of water vapour. "yeah, but i always dream about it. i don't care how old i am, i will always think about lying down a cloud, floating across the world, closing my eyes and drinking up the sky. it sounds really therapeutic to me..." his voice trailed away.

i frowned at him and went back to brainstorming. "i'll join you then," i said aloud to break the silence that congealed among us. "i'll be your neighbour when we find a way to sit on those clouds."

jaemin laughed. "it's impossible, but i still get caught up on these kinds of thoughts." 

no words about clouds were exchanged between us as we resumed working on our project.