0.8 | dream

that night, when i fell asleep after looking at my fresh, new crack, i dreamt.

i was in a dark room with sounds of machines whirring around me.

beep.

clunk.

beep.

shuffle. 

i couldn't see. i tried to speak, but no sound escaped my lips.

finally, my vision began to clear and i began making sense of my surroundings.

a hospital room?

there was a bed and a night table placed in the middle of the room, with an iv bag attached to a sleeping body that looked really familiar. 

i flicked my eyes to the patient's information card that was attached to the bed post.

na jaemin (19)

my heart dropped. suddenly, all my senses were amplified and i could even taste the flavour of hospitals on my tongue. my skin turned tingly and i could see a very pale jaemin lying amongst a pile of blankets. 

what's jaemin doing here? i thought to myself. i need to wake up, i need to wake up!

suddenly, the beeps of his heart's motions began speeding up at an unbelievable rate. he was sent into a spiral of uncontrollable body movements, as if he were having a seizure. doctors and nurses began flooding into the room, their expressions panicked.

i awoke, cold sweat dripping down my back, drenching my clothes and my hair in a disheveled mess. the images of jaemin in the hospital and his heartbeats speeding up faster than i could think were polluting my brain. the dream felt awfully real, as if i could just walk up to jaemin and touch him while he was sleeping in the bed. 

i heaved myself off the bed and slipped on a jacket. i sprinted to the hospital, worry clenching my guts and tears melting from my eyes.