Chapter 03

The next day....

Chase's POV
Last night I slept pretty well but I feel a bit sick. I decided to let the others sleep for a while. My head really heard. I look at the small clock hung in my pup house, it was 7:30am. I wake up every one at 7:30 and I wake up Skye at 7:20 so she can help me to wake others.
I tried to get up but I feel so tired even if i slept pretty well. This headache is killing me, I feel pretty cold inside. I'm just go to sleep.
I hope Ryder will be okay with.

Skye's POV
When I woke if was 8:10. Why didn't Chase wake me up. When I walked out side, Chase's pup house door was closed. I could hear the others snoring especially Rubble. I hope Chase is okay.
I walked up to Chase's pup house and tap on his pup "Who is it?" He asked in a sore voice. "It's Skye". He opens up. "Skye, Im sorry I didn't wake you up, I just feel so sick *cough cough*". "We need to give you a check up". I walk of to wake up Marshall. How could Chase be sick, he barely becomes sick. I'm so worried for him right now.

Marshall's POV
I felt someone tapping on my pup house door "Who is it?" "It's Sky" Why would Sky wake me. Chase is the one who usually wakes up every one. I look the tiny clock in my pup house. It was 8:15. Why so late. "Skye is everything okay?" I asked "No not really". She said, "Why?" "Chase seems very sick and can you give him a check up". "Sure" l reply.
Chase became sick. Wow, he almost never get sick. I got my EMT gear on headed towards Chase's pup house. I could hear is sore cough, is he that sick?
I saw Chase laying in his pup house. I feel so bad for him. "Hey buddy, how are you feeling." I asked "Well, *cough cough* sick I guess". I put my thermometer in his mouth and that I never accepted happened. Chase is having a REALLY high fever. "Chase I have all bad news for you, your having a really high fever and I'm afraid that you can't go on any missions for at least three days, sorry Chase".

Chase's POV
I'm having a fever. I did get a cold, but never got fever. Great. I was planning to ask Ryder in I could stay and hang out with Skye. I guess not today. "You need serious help Chase". Marshall said to me. "I could help him". Skye says with a worried and excited voice. "Wow thanks Skye, I really appreciate it". "No problem Chase, I'll always help you" She said she said it with a smile. I almost forget I have to wake up the others, but I don't think I can't I voice too sore and my head feels likes it was hit by a sledgehammer.
"Umm...Marshall?" I ask "Ya?" "Can you wake up the others?" "Yeah sure" he replied.

Skye's POV
I got spend time with my crush, or just to help him. I good thing is that I get to spend time with Chase. I hope Chase will be okay soon. I looked at Chase and he seemed a bit sad or depressed. "You okay Chase?" I ask a bit worried. "Oh nothing, it's just.....I was planning to spend some fun time with you but there's no way I can." Wow Chase wants to spend time with me, does he like me, naa he just wants to hangout with me as friends. "Chase even if you're sick I'll still hangout with you" "Thanks Skye you always keep me company".

Chase's POV
Wow, I can't wait to start my day with Skye, but how am i going to, I literally feel like am dying from this fever. "So umm..... how we gonna hangout?" I asked. "Well since you don't have that much energy to play anything I'll hangout here right next to your pup house", she said. "Oh okay. So what you wanna do *cough**cough" "Chase I don't think you should do much, I'll get you bowl of water" she said. "Thanks Skye".

Marshall's POV
Something going on around here. Last night, right before dinner I caught Skye laying here head on Chase's chest, and just now Skye volunteered to stay and help Chase. There's something seriously going on here. Wait, does Chase and Skye like each other? Maybe they do.
Well there not the only one who's in love. My secret crush is Everest and really want to tell her that I love her. But how could anyone like a clumsy Dalmatian. I really need some help.
I better wake up the others and tell Ryder that Chase is having a fever.

Skye's POV
This my chance, I get to confess Chase that I love him. But how, I need help. I can't tell anyone. What am I going to.
Right after i got a bowl of water for Chase, I headed towards Chase, I see him taking a nap, he was fast a sleep. Guess he his a bit sleepy. Chase looks really cute when he sleep. I wonder how Chase looks like when he was a little puppy. He would look WAAAYYY too cute.
I put the bowl down and decided to take a little nap with him.
I'm not sure I should be close to him that much when he a fever, but he seems a bit cold so I'm gonna snuggle up with him.
"Sleep tight Chase" I whisper into his ear. After a few minutes I slowly drifted away to sleep.

Ryder's POV
Marshall just told me that Chase is having a fever. He almost never gets sick. He wakes up early in the morning, he exercises everyday and he always stays strong and fit. How a pup like Chase become sick. I should probably go check on him.
But than I saw something that I never saw. Chase and Skye snuggled up together and taking a nap. Awww that so cute. Those two really does make a cute couple. Someday those two will be together, I just know it.

Guys I was gonna go with 2000 words but today I had my school business test online and I had to study a lot. But I promise the next chapter will be longer and better. And this story WILL go on, I wanna make this story as long as possible. Bye and take care and stay safe. Peace ✌️