Chapter 21

I was upstairs later that day reading about cramps during pregnancy. Not only had they not stopped, but some times they were worse. A lot worse. I was about to call Matthew when I heard my sister yell downstairs and another's voice yelling too. I rushed downstairs.

"I know you're a werewolf! I've had vampire blood and I'll kick your ass!" I heard my sister yell as I was on the stairs.

"Listen! Eric Northman's the one who sent me." The man said.

"Eric did?" I said and they looked over at me.

"You must Evie. My name's Alcide Herveaux. I'm here to look after you."

Alcide explained everything he knew, including that his ex was in this crazy pack now. Eric knew that Sookie was going to go anyway so seeing as he couldn't follow, who better than a werwolf to help get close to werewolf pack.

~o~

By night, we were all in Jackson, Mississippi

By night, we were all in Jackson, Mississippi. Alcide brought us to some bar so Sookie could try and hear anything of use to fine Bill.

"Well, may not look like much but, Lou Pine's is the oldest were bar in Mississippi."

"Alcide." I hear a voice call over and Alcide went over and greeted the man. "It's nice to see a face from the old pack."

"Figured the new wolves are drinking enough for all of us." Alcide said to him.

"Who's the civilians?"

"They're cool. They're friends." He started looking at her weird and I understood why. Everyone here was dressed dark, and typical baddie, then there's my sister in a jean mini skirt and a bright white shirt.

"Am I not dressed properly?" Sookie asked.

"You look like dinner." The man told her.

"I'll keep an eye on them Hollis." Then we went inside. Once in you could see wolf attire everywhere. "We're gonna have to split off. They see you with me, they ain't gonna talk."

"Where are you gonna be?" Sookie asked.

"With my guys. I'll be watching you, but make it quick for your own sake." He looked over at me. "I would feel more comfortable if you stayed with me."

"But I-"

"It's fine Evie. Probably best." Sookie said and I nodded my head, following Alcide to the bar.

"So how long?" Alcide asked after a minute.

"What?"

"How far along are you?"

"You know?"

"It's in your scent. So you and Eric found a donor?"

"Uh, he doesn't know."

"Sure he does. He can probably smell it too. You didn't tell him?"

"I haven't yet. I'm afraid to actually." He looked back and stood up straight. "Oh no." I then looked back and Sookie was being dragged into the back by a big wolf. Alcide rushed over and got inside just as I heard my sister scream.