Chapter One: Sky

I'm terrified of the curse Demise placed upon mine and Zelda's descendants.

It won't affect me directly, of course, but the knowledge that someone else will have to bear the burden of Demises hatred weighs down on me like a pile of bricks. I could have stopped him from cursing the goddess's bloodline and the spirit of the hero. I should have stopped him.

Yes, I am terrified of the curse. But currently, I'm more terrified of the fact that a purple portal has opened up beneath my feet, dropping me as I yelp in surprise. I fall on my face, luckily not breaking anything. Sitting up quickly, I cough harshly, brushing the dirt off of my face and checking my nose. After my coughing fit subsides, I find that my bones are fine, and look around.

It's the surface, though, I've never seen this part of it before. I sit stunned on a dirt path, trees surrounding the small clearing of the forest I found himself in. There is lush grass, with beautiful flowers of blue, white, yellow, and pink. I then realize that I carry my traveling bag, while I have no memory of packing it.

There is also a familiar weight on my back.

"Fi?!"

Why is Fi here?! I'm happy to see her, of course, but she should be back at home in her pedestal! Wait a minute.....

Home! Where is home?! Where am I?! What the heck is going on?!

The Master Sword pulses on my back.

"Calm down."

Hearing the familiar voice of my companion soothes me.

"Fi, where are we? What's going on?"

"I do not know our whereabouts or the reason of our arrival. The portal that took us radiated dark magic. Whatever is happening, we need to find the source of this magic."

Well, at least I have some sort of objective now.

"Sweet Hylia, are you okay? That fall looked nasty."

Quickly turning around, I see a forge that I had missed before, along with the person who must live in it. And man, that person is short. He looks to be the height of a child, though by his facial features, I can tell this boy must be in his late teens. He has straight, blond hair, that is pushed back from his face with a headband. His tunic is divided into fourths, each a different color. Strange, but hey, it's not my business what this possible kid wears.

"Um, I'm fine. No broken bones or anything."

"Well, that's good. How'd you manage falling from that height?" The not-kid offers his hand to help me up. I take it with a grateful smile.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I was looking for the source of the rise in monsters, when all of a sudden, this portal opened up beneath me, and I ended up here. Strangely, I have my traveling bag and sword as well. I really can't get one normal day, can I?"

The smaller of us chuckles.

"I get that. Well then, you want any help figuring out where you are? I can point you in the direction of where you need to go."

"That'd be great, thank you so much!"

"No problem. Oh, my name is Link."

I wasn't aware my name was shared.

"Oh boy, then we're gonna have a bit of confusion. My name is also Link."

"Huh, wasn't aware anyone else had that name. Well then, where are you from?"

"Skyloft, of course, but I'm living on the surface close to it. We've made some good progress with the settlement there."

"Skyloft? Are you sure you're okay, sir? Didn't hit your head? Skyloft only exists in legend."