Introduction to Annaliese

TRIGGER WARNING: This story will contain talk of difficult topics such as suicide, self harm, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, anxiety, and depression

There will be a warning at the beginning of chapters that contain these topics.

If any of these topics tigger you please refrain from reading this book or these chapters.

Annaliese Beckett commonly referred to as 'Anna' 'Annie' 'Ann' but only her mother calls her 'Anna lee'

When she was 5 her grandmother Diana was diagnosed with COPD after smoking for over 30 years. Now she resides in a nursing home that Annaliese visits almost everyday.

Then at age 8 her father Charles Beckett committed suicide after his wife had a miscarriage with what was supposed to be their fourth child.

Annaliese took her fathers death very hard. He was her best friend. Her rock. After he took his own life she felt like it was her fault.

A year after her father died she was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety.

She wasn't medicated until age 13 because the dosage of the meds were too high for her when she was first diagnosed.

At age 13 she developed anorexia after seeing how everyone in middle school was going through puberty and lost their baby fat.

Girls and even some guys would always comment on her weight and how she shouldn't look like that or that she looked very unheathly.

At age 16 she recovered from her eating disorder but still struggles with her relationship with food.

Annaliese can come off as a very shy and relatively quiet person but once you get to know her you can realize she's quite the opposite.

Despite everything she has gone through Annaliese has always put on a smile and is a relatively happy person.

Her friends and family say she is the kindest, most generous and most passionate person they know.

Annaliese's playlist

Common sense by Joshua Bassett

Anyone else by Joshua Bassett

Love somebody by Lauv

Two of us by Louis Tomlinson

When you're ready by Shawn Mendes

Through the dark by One Direction

Sweet Creature by Harry Styles

Moonlight by Ariana Grande

What am I by Why don't we

Open Arms by Prettymuch

Eyes off you by Prettymuch

Quotes she lives by

"There is nothing more beautiful than when you prove to yourself just how strong you are"

"Love as if only love exist"

"Make your heart the most beautiful thing about you"

"Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people"

"I won't let pain turn my heart into something ugly. I will show you that surviving can be beautiful"

"It will all make sense one day"

"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go"

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the hand"

"THEN there's Annaliese we protect her at all costs and she like a little sister to everyone. Well except JJ he thinks of her very differently"