chapter three

i was sitting on the dock behind my house waiting for the HMS pogue to come save me from my boredom

"anna lee" my mom calls out from behind me "yes ma'am?" i ask looking back at her.

"here's some water and your meds. you forgot to take them again" she says handing me a plastic water bottle and three pills.

"i don't like taking them. they make me all bleh and i don't like being bleh" i say as i look down at the pills in my hand and look back up at my mother.

she looks at me softly then sighs.

"baby i know you don't like them but the doctor said you only need to take the anti depressants for a few more months then you'll be off of them for a bit"

i nod and smile softly taking my medicine.

i hear the motor of a boat approach.

"hi mrs. beckett do you mind if we steal your daughter for a while?" john b asks my mom.

i look back and see everyone already on the boat.

"go right ahead. while your at it can you take the other two?" my mom questions and i laugh.

"this is inner circle only sorry ma'am, maybe next time" john b shrugs "one can only hope" my mom says putting her hand over her heart.

i bid my mother goodbye and jj helps me onto the boat.

"good morning bug" he says and kisses my cheek "morning jelly bean" john b greets "morning annie" kie says happily "morning anna" pope greets from the wheel of the boat.

"good morning to all of you too" i chuckle and smile.

"oh johnny here's your sweatshirt" i say handing him the hoodie he let me borrow yesterday "i washed it for you" i mumble and sit next to kie on the boat.

"how'd you guys get through the hurricane?" i ask everyone mainly the boys.

"the chateau is a bit messy. one tree fell down" john b tells me "its gonna take all summer to clean up" jj whines and i frown in sympathy for the boys.

i felt really bad for the boys and that they had to spend the summer cleaning up this hurricane mess while my neighbors just sat on their asses and watched. i guess that's the 'pros' of living in figure eight.

jj moves so he's sitting next to me.

"how'd you sleep jj?" i ask playing with the hem of my blue dress.

"not that good i was worried about my little bug" he says smiling and squishing my face with his hand. i laugh not knowing if he was being serious or not.

"how about you?" he asks moving his hand from my face to holding mine. "meh tree branches were knocking on my window last night" i shrug.

"they just wanted to come in" jj jokes and i laugh.