chapter one

'The universe sends us exactly what we are ready for at the exact time we need it in our lives

That's something I've learned over the years. Actually it's something Ariana taught me. So if you think about it I did technically learn it over the years.'

"Annie!" Ariana speaks taking me out of my thoughts "hm?" I ask writing in my journal.

Mom thinks I should keep log of my emotions to process them better. In one way it feels good to vent in the other it's hard rereading what emotions I went through when I thought I was at my 'personal best'.

"Your boyfriends here" she tells me I can hear the smirk. "Which one?" I question still not making eye contact.

"The blonde" she speaks "Oh come on you know my name Ari" JJ says his footsteps getting louder as the come closer to my room.

"Yeah I don't like saying it. It's like poison coming out of my mouth" Ariana gags and I chuckle "Wow that's totally not offensive" JJ says sarcastically.

His footsteps come into my room and Ariana's leave.

"Whatca' you doing Annie?" He asks sitting next to me on my bed. "Just writing" I say then I close my journal and set it on my nightstand.

"Can I read it?" He asks reaching over me and grabbing the journal opening it to the marked page.

"The universe sends us exactly what we are ready for at the exact time we need it in our lives" he reads aloud "Very poetic" he adds looking at me.

I take my journal from his hands and put it back on my night stands.

"Please don't read that, you might find out things you don't even know about yourself" I say "I will never understand how you can amaze and terrify me at the same time" he says cocking his head to the side. "I tend to have that effect on people" I say standing up and walking towards my closet.

"Did you take your meds today?" JJ asks following me "No not yet why?" I ask as I pick through the clothes in my closet.

"You need to take them bug, they're gonna help you" he tells me wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind.

"I know and I will. I haven't even been downstairs today I've been up hear" I tell him still rummaging through clothes.

"I'll go make you some food and get your medicine while you get ready" he says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "No JJ you really don't ha-" "I'll be back in a few minutes" he kisses my cheek then leaves my room.

"Ooh spicy" Astrid says walking into my room "That is some serious sexual tension if I've ever seen it" She adds.

"Astrid in the nicest way possible, shut up" I tell her "Your seriously living in a teen coming of age movie. The girl with a hard pasts falls for the surfer boy with the hard present. Yet someone they hold enough love in their hearts for only each other" Astrid dramatically flops onto my bed.