-07- 🥀 All Night

"I just wanna take my time. We could do this, baby, all night, yeah. 'Cause I want you bad. Yeah, I want you, baby."
~Niall Horan, 'Slow Hands'

~~~

*Easton's POV*

My heart races as Landon curls up on the couch, inches away from me. I know he can't feel our bond yet, but fuck. Does he not realize what his presence does to me?

I can feel his body heat against my skin, causing goosebumps to arise up my arms. He's so close, yet I can't do anything. Elias whines in my head, growing more desperate to feel our mate pressed against us. But I have a feeling that if Landon moves any closer, I'm going to lose control.

His blue eyes stay focused on the screen, completely unaware of the issues I'm having below the belt. Logic and desire clash in my mind. I want to take him into my arms, but I can't. Not until he's eighteen and can sense our bond. It wouldn't be fair to do anything before then.

Landon laughs at something that happens in the movie; the sound caressing my ear drums and pulling me forward. I inhale sharply, squeezing my hands into fists as I hold tightly to my self control.

Come on, Easton. You can do this. Calm down.

Landon yawns adorably, sinking back into the couch cushions. My body stiffens when he leans his head on my shoulder; the contact sending sparks of electricity through my entire body.

Goddess, help me.

"Is this okay?" Landon asks in a soft, quiet voice.

"Yes," I quickly answer, even though that's far from the truth. My heart feels like it's going to jump right out of my chest from how hard it's beating.

"So... what's it like to be Alpha?" Landon questions, changing the subject.

My shoulders slightly relax when my mind is able to focus on a new topic. "It's not too bad. I'm three weeks in and not hating it so far."

He cracks a smile. "That's good. It would be pretty awkward if you already hated your job. It's not like you can just quit. Wait... can you?"

I pause. "Well, it's not common, but Alphas do have the right to step down. If I were to step down, the title would go to my younger brother."

"Leon, right?"

Smiling, I nod my head. "Correct. But he's only thirteen, so my dad would take over for a few years until Leon would he ready. But I'm not planning on stepping down anytime soon."

Landon hums. "You know, I never thought that my mate would be the Alpha, let alone a guy."

My breathing hitches at panic begins to rise. "Does that bother you?"

"It did at first," Landon shrugs. "I'm not going to lie. I've never been attracted to another guy before. But I'm not going to fight what the Moon destined for me. Believe me, my mom has lectured all her kids on not fighting the Moon's destiny."

My smile widens. "Can I take that to mean you're not going to reject me?"

Landon sits up and furrows his brows. "Of course not. Did you think I would?"

"Sort of," I admit. "You said you're not gay, and you can't tap into the bond to feel that connection to me."

"I wouldn't say I can't feel anything," Landon stresses. "It's not what I imagine the bond would feel like. Like, my wolf isn't screaming mate whenever I look at you. But I still feel something. A spark."